Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2009... the year that WAS

Most of the people I know realize that I am APOLITICAL. Thats why I dont reserve the right to bitch about our government and the goings on in Washington. I was going to deliver this message with my usual diatribe, but have reservations, since 2009 for me was actually a blessing. Got both boats home, have a couple of bux in the bank, and met Ppat who pulled me from the dregs and let me realize what love is again... AW!!!!
    I was going to ramble on about brobama, jesse and tiger and al and michael and roland and oprah and ray nagan and that stupid knuckleheaded proffesor in Boston... Ooh ooh... dont forget the underpants terrorist last week too, but I'll let everyone sort all this out and close by wishing EVERYONE a happy new year and lets all pray that 2010 turns out even better than '09.
    GOD bless the USA, and to hell with everyone else. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Re: 2009... the year that WAS

Goodbye and good riddance 2009!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

Goodbye 2009, Welcome 2010! This is going to be the best boating year YET!

It seems strange seeing the year 2010 showing up on things this morning as we start a new decade. Can somebody please tell me where the last one went?

I'm still trying to figure out this Y2K computer glitch thingy.

Walt

Y2K, yeah that was fun.

First the world was going to end on Sept 9, 1999 aka 9999 which is COBAL/FORTRAN code for default error.

Then Y2K - the real end of civilization as we know it.

Now it looks like we have until December 21, 2012 to "party like it's 1999"

Anyway - I'm with Ang & Byron. Good riddance 2009 and here's to 2010 being the best boating year yet.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we'll have to use our boats this year because this may be one of the last. Not that the world will end, but because we will be priced/taxed out of using them soon.

If you have a big boat trip that you always wanted to take, do it. The carbon tax is coming and only blow boaters will be left.

If I'm wrong, well, at least you had a nice time on your boat. There's nothing to loose here. Use your boat!
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Don't get too depressed over new taxes, here in Vancouver we pay the equivalent of $3.50 us per gallon of regular, and diesel at the pump is more than that, delivered marine is over 3.00 per gallon, our sales tax is now 12% on just about everything and our carbon footprint is still the same as it was before the added taxes came in and the Gov. is more in debt than ever.
    So, you guys have a long way to go before you are taxed out of boating.....
    The Government just figures, "you alll will get used to it" after all, we do not have real revolutions here, you might kick out a politican for a sex scandall but not for destroying your life...

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    If you have a big boat trip that you always wanted to take, do it.
    Yeah, I got a big boat trip I've always wanted to take.....it will be the one waiving goodbye as I head south from the last piece of mainland USA...the final leg.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Dennis View Post
    Don't get too depressed over new taxes, here in Vancouver we pay the equivalent of $3.50 us per gallon of regular, and diesel at the pump is more than that, delivered marine is over 3.00 per gallon, our sales tax is now 12% on just about everything and our carbon footprint is still the same as it was before the added taxes came in and the Gov. is more in debt than ever.
    So, you guys have a long way to go before you are taxed out of boating.....
    The Government just figures, "you alll will get used to it" after all, we do not have real revolutions here, you might kick out a politican for a sex scandall but not for destroying your life...
    Yes Dennis, but our government is working very hard to get it as screwed up as Canada. They will succeed if our current pres. and congress get their way.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C