Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lie of the Year

Re: Lie of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Dennis View Post
    I have never witnessed a bunch of "experts" screw up so bad in my life,
    Were you asleep during the whole reign of Bushie Jr? hahahahahahahahaha!!! He's the only President we've ever had who could make Phalin seem intelligent. But you know what...I'd LVOE LOVE LOVE to see the rethugs keep thinking Palin is their savior. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...GOP...please run Palin as your nominee for president in 2012...please...
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

Dave

I was an elected delegate for Senator McCain to the convention. I was quite surprised by his VP pick and doubt the wisdom of his choice.

However, Governor Palin is a serious contender for the Republican nomination if she wants it. She can clearly energize the base (who are the ones that show up for primary caucuses and primary elections) and she can raise the most money. If she enters and picks a good campaign team, she will do very well in the Iowa caucuses, then will be in the top 2 in New Hampshire, and sweep the South on Super Tuesday. I can clearly see a path for her to win the nomination (as crazy as this might sound). After all, the bullpen on the Republican side is thin. Until his crazy antics with the Argentine Mistress the governor of S. Carolina was considered a contender!

That being said, the Governor will have a difficult time in the general election against the President. Frankly, she will get slaughtered. So worry not, have another scotch and sleep tight on your Hatt tonight.

Cheers
    Spin

Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
    Exactly what has she done? Dropped out of college multiple times and took close to a decade to get a useless degree that any idiot could have gotten in 4 years with next to no work? Raise a good christian teen who got knocked up? Managed to says the stupidest things imaginable while on TV?

1. “As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It’s Alaska. It’s just right over the border.” –Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska’s proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS’s Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008

2. “We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. … We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation.” –Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in Greensoboro, N.C., Oct. 16, 2008

3. “Well, let’s see. There’s — of course — in the great history of America rulings there have been rulings.” –Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

4. “All of ‘em, any of ‘em that have been in front of me over all these years.” –Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008

5. “They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan.” –Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in San Francisco, Oct. 5, 2008

6. “Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending soldiers out on a task that is from God. That’s what we have to make sure that we’re praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God’s plan.” –Sarah Pailn, on the Iraq war, speaking to students at the Wasilla Assembly of God, June 2008

7. “As for that VP talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can’t answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?” –Sarah Palin, interview with CNBC’s “Kudlow & Co,” July 31, 2008

8. “[T]hey’re in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom.” –Sarah Palin, getting the vice president’s constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008

9. “I told the Congress, ‘Thanks, but no thanks,’ on that Bridge to Nowhere.” –Sarah Palin, who was for the Bridge to Nowhere before she was against it

10. “I’m the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can’t.’” –Sarah Palin, as quoted by former City Council Member Nick Carney, after he raised objections about the $50,000 she spent renovating the mayor’s office without approval of the city council

You've really got to stop cutting and pasting from liberal rags it makes you sound even stupider that you really are. I already told you I'm not as naive as you I'm not as easily fooled by a smooth talker. Why don't you tell me all about BO's accomplishments before running for the presidency. I'm not talking about education the world is full of well educated idiots (hint hint) I'm talking about his accomplishments as an elected official. The lets compare them to Palins.

Brian

Actually, the "Lie of the Year" would be "this health care reform bill won't increase the deficit." The Emperor and his court fools Pelosi, Reed, and many other democraps are high on the successes of the past year. These successes others will have to pay for because they don't seem to want to pay their taxes on a regular basis.

As for Palin, she won't be a real threat to the democraps because she quit. She will always be a spokesperson for conservatives because she did run for vice president. Unless she gets into the good graces of whatever machine it was that got a virtually unknown freshman senator elected to the white house. She did a good job as governor here in Alaska but she shouldn't have quit as that was her political undoing.

Thom

Romney , if he runs, will walk the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Dennis View Post
    Romney , if he runs, will walk the election.

I hope. I had Romney signs all over my lawn. The GOP shot itself in the foot with McCain the rino. Same thing when they ran Dole, Great Americans but poor candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Degulis View Post
    You've really got to stop cutting and pasting from liberal rags it makes you sound even stupider that you really are. I already told you I'm not as naive as you I'm not as easily fooled by a smooth talker. Why don't you tell me all about BO's accomplishments before running for the presidency. I'm not talking about education the world is full of well educated idiots (hint hint) I'm talking about his accomplishments as an elected official. The lets compare them to Palins.

Brian
    What wrong with quoting her? If it makes her look stupid, that's because she must be...they are direct quotes. A lot of the right says the media has been overly harsh with her...yeah I guess thats true...they keep quoting her word for word and that is really embarrassing. As far as comparing BO and Palin, they are both incompetent with little previous experience, but BO is at least intelligent and well educated (and yes education matters to me, frankly I think a Masters should be the minimum to be President these days but that would take a Constitutional Amendment that would never pass). I'm hoping for a strong 3rd party to emerge, but I doubt it will happen in time for the 2012.
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    Dave

I was an elected delegate for Senator McCain to the convention. I was quite surprised by his VP pick and doubt the wisdom of his choice.

However, Governor Palin is a serious contender for the Republican nomination if she wants it. She can clearly energize the base (who are the ones that show up for primary caucuses and primary elections) and she can raise the most money. If she enters and picks a good campaign team, she will do very well in the Iowa caucuses, then will be in the top 2 in New Hampshire, and sweep the South on Super Tuesday. I can clearly see a path for her to win the nomination (as crazy as this might sound). After all, the bullpen on the Republican side is thin. Until his crazy antics with the Argentine Mistress the governor of S. Carolina was considered a contender!

That being said, the Governor will have a difficult time in the general election against the President. Frankly, she will get slaughtered. So worry not, have another scotch and sleep tight on your Hatt tonight.

Cheers
    Spin
    That's sort of my point...she is very popular with the republican base, yet is unelectable with the general public, mostly because she's not smart enough, not educated enough, not poised enough, not well spoken enough, basically not really good at much of anything other than being HOT (which I admit she is). Why on earth is she so popular in the Republican Party?
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
    What wrong with quoting her? If it makes her look stupid, that's because she must be...they are direct quotes. A lot of the right says the media has been overly harsh with her...yeah I guess thats true...they keep quoting her word for word and that is really embarrassing. As far as comparing BO and Palin, they are both incompetent with little previous experience, but BO is at least intelligent and well educated (and yes education matters to me, frankly I think a Masters should be the minimum to be President these days but that would take a Constitutional Amendment that would never pass). I'm hoping for a strong 3rd party to emerge, but I doubt it will happen in time for the 2012.
    There's nothing wrong with quoting it's just pointless to respond like that to me when I agree that she say's stupid things and asked you about acomplishments.

Your ignoring obvious truths Palins achievements are far more substantial than BO's prior to becoming POTUS. Your doing exactly what you call Palin an idiot for doing. Her death panel argument is as distorted as the argument you present comparing achievements. I don't think she's a candidate nor do I think the Repubes will try to make her one. I think what you will see is a Tea Party like candidate run under the Republican banner that would work.

The reason people like her is simple. Most people feel that the educated career politician lacks common sense and is out of touch with the populous. Most people don't buy into slick talk with nothing to back it up and they hate being lied to. BO's continuous lying and out of control spending have dramatically increased support for people like Palin. You keep saying your hoping for a third party. Like so many things you say it contradicts other things you say. If a third part emerges it will not be one that supports your ideas about income re distribution it will be exactly opposite of that. In a recent poll the majority identify with the Tea Part movement over Repubes or Dums. So you might want to re think your throw them all out mentality and you should probably enjoy this administration as long as you have it. Until now this country has not experienced a really liberal since LBJ. It painfully obvious now that they've seen the insanity they want no part of it.

You also like to keep saying the Repubes are powerless. If that were true you would have a bill for true universal health care and you don't.

Brian

She will probably be our next POTUS.
    Trav
    45C 447, Series I, '72
    Pensacola, Fl