Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Headliner Cost

Re: Headliner Cost

Hi Burt,

It sounds like your new headliner is like the new Hatteras'. Their panels are also held up with industrial strength Velcro. The system probably costs you about 1/4 to 3/8 in of lost headroom because of the plywood and Velcro, but IMO the advantages are worth it.

Walt

I have heard of instances where the velcro headliner panels fell down during rough weather. A friend of mine got nailed by one falling from the ceiling during a rough trip.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Sorry for the delay in responding to the original question, but I just had the opportunity to bring the files home. I was a little "off" on the date of my headliner replacement, so the prices WILL have changed, but here's what I have (these guys did a terrific job btw!):

Bayside Canvas & Yacht Interiors
    Ft. Lauderdale, Fl 954-792-8535
    Job was done in July 2002. All quotes below include Labor & Materials:

Main Salon $1,600
    Galley 500
    Pilothouse 500
    Day Head 100
    Master 1,100
    Master Head 100
    Aft Lower Hall 50
    Guest Quarter 700
    Fwd Lower Head 100
    V Berth 800
    Lower Fwd Hall 50
    Work Room Hall 400

Total: $6,050 +/-

That was a LOT of work for the money and the workmanship is terrific. Not sure if they're still around, but I'd recommend their work.

Hope this helps in the decision making process....

I would bet that total price would be near double today. Their work sure is excellent. The headliners on Kismet are beautifully done.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Thanks Eric. Funny, that comment just came up this past weekend. My yard is getting ready to rebed some flybridge hardware and wanted to thru-bolt a couple of the dinghy mounts. The yard manager says, "Hey, no big deal to pull down the headliner for the bolts." We then take a look in the salon and he says, "wow, nice work....we don't want to mess with that!"

Needless to say, we'll just be recaulking that area of the flybridge!

asbestos

does anyone know if asbestos was used as insulation in the 70's. The insulation above my engines under the salon floor makes me nervous, as if disturbed you can see fine particles floating around. I would assume if its not asbestos then its close brother fiberglass. Any concern about what old the headliners are made of.

"Needless to say.."? I am not so sure about that. If those bolts need to be rebedded you are better off doing it right and finding someone who can handle the headliner, or you will have much more than cosmetic details to deal with.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Quote Originally Posted by OBXTucker View Post
    Sorry for the delay in responding to the original question, but I just had the opportunity to bring the files home. I was a little "off" on the date of my headliner replacement, so the prices WILL have changed, but here's what I have (these guys did a terrific job btw!):

Bayside Canvas & Yacht Interiors
    Ft. Lauderdale, Fl 954-792-8535
    Job was done in July 2002. All quotes below include Labor & Materials:

Main Salon $1,600
    Galley 500
    Pilothouse 500
    Day Head 100
    Master 1,100
    Master Head 100
    Aft Lower Hall 50
    Guest Quarter 700
    Fwd Lower Head 100
    V Berth 800
    Lower Fwd Hall 50
    Work Room Hall 400

Total: $6,050 +/-

That was a LOT of work for the money and the workmanship is terrific. Not sure if they're still around, but I'd recommend their work.

Hope this helps in the decision making process....
    That is great info. Thanks
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer 60'

Hi I have just purchased a 58YF and was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the headliner in the salon. It is in very good condition however I wanted to get behind to do an inspection. Any help will be greatly appriciated.