Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Switch Panel Identity

I just aquired a '77 43DC. There is a switch panel at the lower helm with 4 indicators, 2 toggles and 1 muti postion rotary switch. All nomeclature has been worn away. I have so far been unable to identify. Please see photograph. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images

Re: Switch Panel Identity

Oil Pressure and Water Temp alarms for Port and Starboard Engines. 1 Light for each and the rotary switch can test if it still works. The two switches turn the alarms on. Your wiring diagrams should call out wire numbers on engines. For my 78 the oil pressure sensors are on a 3 sensor tree towards the back of the engine (one for the alarm, one for the gages, and one to operate hour meters) and the water temp switch is at the forward end of the upper water manifold. A few years back, Sams had readable replacement plates but I may have gotten one of the last good ones.
    Last edited by Timeout; 01-29-2011 at 01:41 PM.
    Kevin Shea 1978 43DC
    Sandusky, OH

I had the same problem, and spoke to Sam's a couple of weeks ago. They still have new face plates, $25 each...

Thanks to both for your replies.
    Last edited by gbharrington; 02-06-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: spelling