Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

South Lake Michigan Rendezvous

Thanks Sky....that is a GREAT idea. From now on this is ths SOUTH Lake Michigan Rendezvous.

Now, lets pick somewhere around Grand Holland, South Holland or suggest a spot. I just know a few places and most of them Willie doesn't want to take the (Sub) Hatt Trick that far. Now we may get somewhere!!!

Thanks, ppat
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Re: Coming out Party or GLR

I just took stock of who is interested.. So far... (drum roll please).......

Sky Cheney and crew
    Howard Manhatt'n
    Stratplan61
    Chris (Michigan City)
    DLCameron 2 possible
    Rob71
    RGY128
    Rbeta
    Sparky (the town clown)

Sky, will Mark attend also? Hey Airpilot, what about it?

I have figured out the dates of August 14-15th....does that sound ok to everyone?

Now lets come up with a marina and town. I vote for something close to Sky and Howard. South Holland, Grand Haven or Sky how about your dock? Does it have transient spaces that we could use? Is it easy in/out?

We are finally making steps forward. Thanks Sky, I guess I should of realized that it would be to far for most of the guys. They can still come via car or plane.
    How many yachts will be attending?

Hatt Trick (sub)
    Rebecca
    Airpilot?
    Jen-May (Chris)
    Strategic Plan
    Knot Roxsea's (?) rbeta

Any I missed or any that I put on list that I shouldn't of?

Any that would like to attend but can't bring yacht? Yes I know Sparky. CaptRob, I hope these dates work for you and the offer still stands to ride across with us. ppat
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Sorry for the late response but we have been skiing all week. You can definitely count on our boat Melodie and crew attending. Great idea and thanks for putting it together. Mark

not much to do in Holland. the town is NOT on the water. saugatuck is a better place and Singapore yatch club has recipricol with the chicago club/s. Also the harbor has nice anchorage if you choose.

I agree that Holland is not really the best. Saugatuck has the most to offer but is also the busiest and most expensive place to stay. Grand Haven municipal has new docks and the wall is free. You can reserve slips via the online Michigan DNR reservation system up to 6 months in advance there. If you stay on the wall with no water or power, then its first come, first serve. The marina is right downtown with plenty of things to do and the musical fountain is just across the river.

We do have transient slips at our club and there is also the Whitehall municipal marina just across White Lake from where we are. It is rarely ever busy. The docks are nice, but they only have 2 slips with 50a power. We have a very nice facility with pool, etc, but the town is small and quiet and not anything like the atmosphere at Saugatuck or Grand Haven.

I really like Saugatuck, but Grand Haven may be easier to pull off.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

When we went to Grand Haven to see the New Coast guard ship they had, we had to take pics from the car, it was so busy.
    So, it looks like Saugatuck maybe our meeting place. Will check into Grand Haven also.....if nothing special is going on we can go there. Little towns with big attractions are horrible.
    Of course that was by car...boating may be different. ppat
    yachtsmanWILLY

Quote Originally Posted by rgy128 View Post
    not much to do in Holland. the town is NOT on the water. saugatuck is a better place and Singapore yatch club has recipricol with the chicago club/s. Also the harbor has nice anchorage if you choose.

Saugatuck sounds interesting. One question... can they support at least 3 yachts over the 50ft mark? We have a 65' with the cockpit extention. Sky, Mark and Chris all have fairly large yachts. I believe Skys is 53', Marks at least 53' not sure about Chris's even though I saw it at the fireworks show.Also, how many of the large yachts are part of the 1510 club? Width will also be a consideration!

Is everyone agreeable with the date?

I am really getting wound up about this!! Maynard, Trojan Bill, and all the others are welcome to come by car or motorcycle (Trojan). ppat
    yachtsmanWILLY

Saugatuck is where the action is. It is a very busy little town in the summer. Singapore Yacht Club can handle our boat without a problem, but getting that many in there will not be easy. They are almost always full as it is a major cruising destination. You can anchor in Kalamazoo Lake(or what ever they call it), but it is very shallow and there is a bunch of boat traffic.

Like I said, I really like Saugatuck, but Grand Haven will have more room with the big wall there.

You may have to wait until we get closer to the date and call the Harbormaster at Singapore before you really know. I have seen boats rafted off in front of Coral Gables(one of the big restaurants) as well. If you lead the harbormaster into thinking that this group is bunch of big tippers, you may get all of the reservations you need. It's that kind of a place.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

9. Re: Coming out Party or GLR

Thanks Sky. I for one would like to put the boat in a slip not on the wall somewhere. I like having the shore power and not being left unprotected from the idiots that can't understand NO WAKE!
    After all the work we are putting into the Hatt Trick this winter she will be a real beauty and I would not be held responsible if some idiot rolled us into the wall. After the new spray rails Bill is talking about painting the whole outside of the boat.
    I cant wait to show off ALL the work Bill and Gator are doing. This promises to be the best year yet!!! ppat
    If you don't believe me look it up on google.

"STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES" Forest Gump

"It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it." — Lillian Hellman

Willy's X-O!

I GOT SPANKED BY PASGAS@

Try these guys in Saugatuck, they are not right downtown, but still in the harbor and a lot of people dingy into town. It's a nice place with many amenities and room for a get together. http://www.towermarine.com/index.htm
    They do own one of the small marinas in the downtown area next to Coral Gables also and might have slips available there also, but It gets pretty crowded.