Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is stuff worth?

We are going to replace our OEM flybridge L-shaped bench with something more usable from a charteryacht aspect - teak "steamers".

I'm not ready to part with it "today", but soon. Does anyone have any idea what this is worth? Has anyone bought one recently and if so, what was it worth? I know this item has been sought by others here before.

This is the three-piece fiberglass L-shaped bench with cushions and teak trim that came with the boat. Each section has storage underneath. The three pieces bolt together and the teak trim is "whole" to make this look like one piece, but it does come apart in order to move it.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Re: What is stuff worth?

Hi Ang, It depends on the condition of the units, the cushions and the covers. If its all like new and someone needs it, its worth alot. It will be a bear to ship, and potentially expensive to store (in a mini storage locker) until it is needed again. Lots of variables to value these days.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Ang, You happen to have any pictures of those? Thanks!
    Greg
    Kimidee
    '86 53' MY

Kimidee's for sale! http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1986.../United-States

It's here: http://www.sunshineboating.com/pwr-58-hatteras.html

Scroll down and you'll find it.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Boat is GORGEOUS! What a beauty!
    Greg
    Kimidee
    '86 53' MY

Kimidee's for sale! http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1986.../United-States

I can't use the lounge, but the boat is terrific looking. Good for you, Ang.

Angela, your Hatt is terrific, I've bookmarked your site to use as an example of great taste!

Ang- I looked into making these last year. Needed a set to make a mold. Price to make a mold and 1 set of seats was ~$3k. I couldn't get any additional interest and it seamed a little overkill to go through the whole process for 1 set. I'd still be interested in your seats for my boat. I've had quotes from shops to fabricate out of aluminum ($1,500 w/ powder coating) as well. Let me know when your ready to "pass these along" and I can share with you the quotes I've gotten so we make a fair trade ($$$).
    Formally Top Hatt and Tails
    1980 53MY

I removed that setup from our 53 when we were in NY and ended up tossing them in the marina dumpster - there was no interest in them at all. Of course it's almost 5 years later now and things change.

I will admit that occasionally I wish I had them back, not to keep the boat "original" or because we liked the look (we didn't - that's why we tossed them) but because of the storage space they also provided. Seems that as is typical we've expanded the amount of stuff we carry to whatever is just beyond the existing storage space...

There are more 53 Hatts in our Marina at Piney Narrows than there were in all of Long Island when we were there! I was fine to give them away and have someone just take them off the boat instead of me having to do it!

As far as what they are worth - in my case they were worth nothing because nobody wanted them. But if you find someone looking to restore a 53 to original condition, they could be worth a lot. Heck, fuel pumps for certain cars that used to cost 20 bucks at any auto parts stores are now selling for 1k on ebay! Hopefully, your seats will fit into that category!
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

I like that seating. I don't know what would be better than those. In the past, I have seen those units sell for some big $ as they are very hard to find. If you look at just what it costs for a good deck box, you will see what these are worth.

If I didn't have these seats on the bridge, I don't know how I would accommodate my fellow boaters for a gathering like this:

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI