Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Captain School

Re: Captain School

Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Congradulations!!!!

Brian

Thanks Brian.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Congradulations!!! Now that you finished school........What do you want to do with he rest of your life? ppat and ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Ever since I saw "Forrest Gump", I've always wanted to be a shrimpin' boat captain, but I'll probably settle for just running my 58 up and down the river if it proves to be profitable. Meanwhile, I do plan to get into deliveries once everything is said and done.

Who knows, maybe I'll end up in Florida again and look into a full time gig if the right opportunity presents itself. I could always follow Pascal around and take pictures when I see him do something wrong.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Am i correct in thinking you started the test around 5 and finished around 9? Was that the entire test?

Brian

Hey CONGRATS Randy! I'll be happy to be LT. Dan on that shrimp boat w/ ya Bubba!
    Skip

congrats randy, do we hafta call ya capn? bigbill

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Degulis View Post
    Am i correct in thinking you started the test around 5 and finished around 9? Was that the entire test?

Brian
    Actually, I went in early to do some more practice plots and was given the opportunity to take the test earlier than the scheduled 5PM start time. As best I recall, I started the test around 2PM and was finished by about 5PM. Yes, that was all four modules of the test.

At the risk of sounding like a smartass, you either know this stuff or you don't. I took extra time doing the plotting as that's something that's still new to me in terms of set and drift problems. Quite frankly, I don't see ever using the plotting skills I learned in this class, but at least I know how to do it now.

I also double checked all my answers on ROR as I knew that was the section that required the highest percentage of correct answers. Lots of tricky crap in there as opposed to just a cut and dried test of knowledge. Turned out I missed one anyway, but the instructor told us the CG won't allow the tester to reveal which questions were missed after testing.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by labrador View Post
    Hey CONGRATS Randy! I'll be happy to be LT. Dan on that shrimp boat w/ ya Bubba!
    Skip
    You got it Bubba, but there's already one Lt. Dan ahead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    congrats randy, do we hafta call ya capn? bigbill
    Nah, master will be fine assuming I pass this weekend's test.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93