Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newest Addition to the family

Well, the Admiral and I took ownership of our first Hatteras this past Friday. "Kismet" is a 58' LRC. She's currently in Kent Island, MD and we'll be bringing her to Deltaville in the next 2 weeks. A long laundry list of things to do - but we're giddy with excitement!

Here's a quick peek:

OK.....maybe not! Guess I need to make a few posts here before everyone gets to see her. :-)

Thanks to SeaEric for the images AND for a painless transaction!

Re: Newest Addition to the family

CONGRATS!!! You have purchased a GREAT model from an excellent builder that happens to come with the very best of support from Sam's Marine and the Hatteras Owners Forum. Kismet is a wonderful example of what a nicely kept 58LRC should be. That is one of my very favorite Hatteras models of all time.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

ENJOY!!!

Yeah, we spent the past couple of years looking and tire kicking the idea. When we got serious about LRC's, we looked at some of the Defevers, before looking at the Hatt's. When my wife stepped aboard Kismet, her first words were, "I can DO this!". LOL

You lucky guy. I've had my eye on Kismet since she was listed. Very nice looking LRC with smart upgrades that don't detract from her original appearance and design. Good for you. Enjoy!
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Congradulations,
    Your LRC , IMOP, is one of the best designed boats Hatteras ever built. You have a boat that can truely take you anywhere your heart desires. We're all envious.

It was great doing business with you Jeff. "Kismet" is without a doubt- The finest 58 LRC I have ever been aboard. Enjoy!
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Well you've got what IMHO is the best looking boat Hat ever built. SALTY MANLY GO ANYWHERE YET STYLISH GRACEFULL WELL PERPORTIONED LOOK

Good Luck

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    It was great doing business with you Jeff. "Kismet" is without a doubt- The finest 58 LRC I have ever been aboard. Enjoy!
    Eric, since you seem to have had a hand in this, the least you could do is post some pictures for Jeff. I'd like to see it and I sure others would too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
    Eric, since you seem to have had a hand in this, the least you could do is post some pictures for Jeff. I'd like to see it and I sure others would too.

Here is the listing:

http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Ha...uiser/19934451
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

No wonder you are excited, that is a beautiful example for sure. I've never been on a 58LRC, but Dan aka 34hatt and I boarded a nice 65LRC last year at FLIBS. It will be interesting to see if it shows up again this year.