Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Re: The boat market seems to be improving

I bet she was a beauty in her day. What a shame she is so far gone.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    You know me! I just love those old Chris Crafts. My first twin screw boat was a 1959 Connie 35' (last year of the bullnose) with gas burners. I dreamed of the day that I would have a Detroit powered 50'-something Connie. Hell, I still have a bunch of old Connie parts from past projects all rechromed and still wrapped in paper sitting in my garage.

Several years later I discovered the wonders of fiberglass via a 1969 Hatteras 36C and the rest is history. I even used to have one of those brass plaques that said "If God had meant us to build plastic boats he would have made plastic trees!" So much for that.

I hope a dreamer with mad skills and some disposable income scoops her and puts her back in top shape. There are fewer and fewer of the well cared for woodies around these days.

This past weekend was the Madisonville Wooden Boat Festival and I must say that the turnout was weaker than last year which is in keeping with the trend for several years now. We need more people to fall in love with the old Classics (not just woodies!) and keep them up for future generations to enjoy and appreciate. I've done my part on several great boats over the years that just needed some love. I have been quite fortunate to find the "right" buyers for my past projects, but new blood is too few and far between. Unfortunately I just don't know very many that are willing to jump in with both feet these days.

I think this one suits you better, Byron.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-Fo...55fd50d5#v4-30

I wonder how low "best offer" will go.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

He couldn't even run that...............without my help
    "Mambeaux"
    1985 43MY

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I think this one suits you better, Byron.

http

I wonder how low "best offer" will go.
    LOL, I think that boat was on the market BEFORE the market fell at an unheard of $600k or so because it had an engine blown and apart.

I guess that "$100k in upgrades" was required maintenance more than upgrades!