Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Re: Columbus Day Regatta... Again

Just saw where Bertramp posted a pic of his new ex-Police boat in the owner's gallery.

Hey Steve, pick me up in that thing at the CDR and we'll have a blast inspecting vessels with bikini clad crews while telling them we're working undercover for Homeland Security.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
    Just saw where Bertramp posted a pic of his new ex-Police boat in the owner's gallery.

Hey Steve, pick me up in that thing at the CDR and we'll have a blast inspecting vessels with bikini clad crews while telling them we're working undercover for Homeland Security.
    And ladies...beware of any police officer with a deep southern accent looking to perform a body cavity search. Run, run very fast, far, far away.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    And ladies...beware of any police officer with a deep southern accent looking to perform a body cavity search. Run, run very fast, far, far away.
    Especially if he has a BUBBAKEG strapped around his neck!
    -- Paul

Hey, Steve could be Crockett and I could be Tubbs. All we need is the proper lettering to apply to the hull.

OK, things were looking pretty dismal on the stand-by front, so I just broke down and booked a one way flight through Allegiant to FLL on Thursday. Return flights look good for Monday through Continental, so I should be good to go. I just hope my going doesn't come to a halt in Houston as I'd hate to spend my birthday all alone in that terminal.

So Ang, will it be business or pleasure?
    At this point, it is looking like it will be for pleasure. I've had some inquires, but nothing confirmed yet. If I do not have a confirmation by this evening - that's my cut off deadline, then we're fueling at 3PM on Friday and heading down thereafter. We'll stop in the bay to meet Susan, hook up her Whaler (the "Mermaid") behind Sanctuary and tow that down.

We're going to the same spot as last time - on the south (southwest?) side of the crowd - not IN the crowd - that's what dinghies are for.
    Last edited by Angela; 10-05-2009 at 01:50 PM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

We'll look you up on Saturday as I have a feeling Paul will want to anchor smack dab in the middle of all the mayhem as he did the year we all first met. Those were some good times huh?

Hopefully the weather will be nice and we'll have a good view of the sailbote races. I'd hate to miss them again. LOL

We'll look you up on Saturday as I have a feeling Paul will want to anchor smack dab in the middle of all the mayhem as he did the year we all first met. Those were some good times huh?

Hopefully the weather will be nice and we'll have a good view of the sailbote races. I'd hate to miss them again. LOL
    I dunno -- I've got a brand new paint job to consider (!), but then again, a crew mutiny would still leave the boat in the thick of the mayhem and me duct-taped to my fighting chair, so what real difference does it make?!
    -- Paul

I vote for anchoring smack dab in the middle of the action. You do your best business on main street. With that in mind, we should first anchor someplace close to Ang and Mario, then do some serious recon missions in the dinghy to make sure we find the optimum spot to move into.

If you don't get in the middle of the mayhem early, you likely won't be able to get a big boat in there later and anchored sufficiently. Likewise, if you get there early, get in the middle, you can't leave until the crowd breaks up.

Sometimes, it's hard to know where the middle is going to be when you get down there early Friday, for example. One year, we got there early, planted ourselves north of where the crowd appeared to be gathering, and the crowd grew into us. We spent the entire day on Saturday fending off loose boats, stupid boaters, and poorly anchored boats. That's why we now go south of it. Most boaters coming from the north (Miami) don't wander around to the south side of the mayhem - they see the crowd, head straight for it and drop anchor....that's how the crowd "grew" into us that year.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"