Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Columbus Day Regatta... Again

I know there was another thread started about this a while back, but I'm too lazy to find and bump it. Now that it's clear I won't be moving that 55C up north then, I'm making plans to accept an invitation from a certain someone who gave me a man hug back in 2006 before catapulting us both of the back of the GuzCruzer. He has promised to re-enact that moment in HOF history.

Alright, let's try this again, who's coming to Elliot Key?

Re: Columbus Day Regatta... Again

we'll be there Randy!
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

3. Re: Columbus Day Regatta... Again

I have cleared it with the wife. I'll be rooming with you and a certain someone else. I won't be giving you a man hug.................well, maybe!

I'll be there one way or another. I'm looking to charter the boat that weekend, and if I do, then Capt. Susan and I will be "working" that weekend at CDR. If I don't confirm a charter, then Ed, Susan, and I will be "playing" that weekend.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Kind of blurs the line between working and playing huh?

Don't worry Ang, if you're working, I promise I'll be nice if we find ourselves on your boat. Hopefully Pascal will be close by for potty pirating while making our way through the crowds by dingy.

The only potential fly in this ointment comes with my getting a flight down. I had been tracking rates since getting the invite, and Allegiant went from ~$45 to ~$200 overnight. Same thing with Delta who went from $59 to over $275 in the same period. We're talking one way!

Now I'm looking at flying standby on Continental through my brother again which I had planned to do on the return flight. With that in mind, there's always the possibility I could get bumped. I just hope it's not in Newark or Houston as I have to fly through one of those two hubs.

we were talking about bringing the dogs on the boat for CDR, good luck getting past them!

(the "puppy" is now as big as his dad...)
    Attached Images
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    we were talking about bringing the dogs on the boat for CDR, good luck getting past them!

(the "puppy" is now as big as his dad...)
    Two words - "Beggin' Strips!" They will follow you to the end of the earth for those!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

oh thks a lot angela!
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    oh thks a lot angela!
    Yeah, but it took me 2 years to make friends with the big one. No one's going to make friends with them in a just weekend. And remember, Pierce will chew the bumper off a car.
    Last edited by Angela; 09-01-2010 at 08:40 PM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
    Don't worry Ang, if you're working, I promise I'll be nice if we find ourselves on your boat. Hopefully Pascal will be close by for potty pirating while making our way through the crowds by dingy.
    If we're chartered, I can't have my friends hanging out on the boat.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"