Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Re: Winding up for THE BIG FREEZE

If I am not mistaken, shes the last reciprocator besides the BADGER... another icon soon to vanish, altho she just passed her fresh 5 year COI.
    The state of Mi is on the Badger to convert to #2... too much ash being dumped in the lake. Damn bunny huggers! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Bill:

FYI .... a good friend who is also a member of the "Forum" had to replace his spray rails about two years ago due to leaks. He bought two new rails at Sam's and took them over to Washburns at Solomons, MD for installation. As I recall the price was VERY high. To be fair they did a great job, including re'paint with Awlgrip etc. I'll check with him but I seem to remember the price being just south of 10K.

Walt

Thanks Walter! I finally made contact with both B-US and the repair guy. BUS didnt balk when I explained to them the situation and the repair guy will back me up.
    BUS said they wont question the deal with only one estimate ,"As long as I am satisfied with the final job". How refreshing!
    Now, we can buy pre-made rails, or cast them from the rails that are on the boat now. We'll se how this plays out Thursday when we do the estimating... ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

THIS JUST IN...Just helping a couple of good old boys land their 58MY CAROLYN from Kingston, NY. Theyre heading south to KNOXVILLE of all places... maybe theyll need a hand and call Sparkster LOL. Nice boat.. I'll add pics Sunday nite! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 10-08-2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: hbxfnx
    yachtsmanWILLY

Well now... some of our reputations precede us... 'Ol boy, Dave Cate
    (recent HOF member) just bought this BEAUTIFUL '82 56 MY (19' wide) in Toledo last week. We walked over and toured the boat tonight... what a GEM!!! HEY SKY.... youve got some serious competition!!
    We talked about ol' Bird too... he said he wouldnt let him touch the wheel on this bad boy unless he was passed out on the floor with a grand mal siezure! (wink wink) They are headed up the TenneSea to just above Loudan L&D They mentioned something about running a boat and breakfast! Shes already got a COI for 48 plus 3 and and and....
    Randy outa bring him a sack-o-redman as a house warming present. They came across the lake from St Joe today in a 8 foot stern quartering sea. Very glad to be on the Rio Negro. They made Charlevoix to St Joe in 20 hours the other day in 12-16 footers following... the wind was outa the north at 40Kn plus for three days...Even the St Joe river had 3 footers past the hiway bridge!
    Eat that you fair weather sailors! Dave said there was as much water over the boat as there was under it (his words!) He left at 9pm to get a good nites sleep before a daylite departure for Seneca in the a.m. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Bill,
    I think I know the boat. She's a beauty. Glad to see she finally sold as I think she was on the market for a few years.

Too bad they didn't make the trip a few weeks ago. The lake was like glass for about 5 weeks straight before this big blow the last couple of weeks.

My boat went in the barn on Wednesday
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Bill,
    I think I know the boat. She's a beauty. Glad to see she finally sold as I think she was on the market for a few years.

Too bad they didn't make the trip a few weeks ago. The lake was like glass for about 5 weeks straight before this big blow the last couple of weeks.

My boat went in the barn on Wednesday

"OK, NOW GET TO WORK!".... S.Cheney 2008
    That boat really is nice. Dave told me he had been looking for quite some time and it just came on the market. He said he pm'd with you a few times regarding ownership logistics etc.
    He's an airline pilot.
    The deal included a capt from Toledo that owns a 53C (knows OF Trojan Bill)to make the trip. Dave swears after that ride he never wants to see the big lakes again! I guess with him being an Ex houseboater I dont blame him... but with a yacht like that??? That trip was just " a wee stretch o' the legs..." ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    "OK, NOW GET TO WORK!".... S.Cheney 2008
    That boat really is nice. Dave told me he had been looking for quite some time and it just came on the market. He said he pm'd with you a few times regarding ownership logistics etc.
    He's an airline pilot.
    The deal included a capt from Toledo that owns a 53C (knows OF Trojan Bill)to make the trip. Dave swears after that ride he never wants to see the big lakes again! I guess with him being an Ex houseboater I dont blame him... but with a yacht like that??? That trip was just " a wee stretch o' the legs..." ws
    If it just came on the market, then it must not be the boat I was thinking of. I do, however, recall conversing via PM. Where are the pictures? Did someone swipe your camera again?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Sky, we are on the Hatt Trick for the weekend and cant post any pics until we get home.
    We are going to take a stroll down the river tomorrow to see the leaves changing colors. We are taking the HATT TRICK for her only stroll this year.
    Then its time to really start working on her again so she'll be ready next year for the trip south..... ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

WOW!! Its good to be back to reality; at least away from that Nobel
    faux pas.
    Three lousy days of rainy crap here and we were beginning to feel like a couple of drowned rats. The new owner of that 56MY called yesterday to say that they were approaching the south end of Peoria lake. Right on schedule. He said he is finally getting to appreciate the new boat being on flat water for a change.
    So here goes... ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 10-29-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY