Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Re: Winding up for THE BIG FREEZE

Just chopping away... tomorrow we're gonna chop up Gators foyer for a new sole LOL... old houses with no gutters make for bad wood! Pics to follow!! ws

yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Wow Bill, what a project. Looks really nice, I really like the doors.
    What type of caulk are you going to use on the FB peices that you are going to attach? I am looking at repainting my cockpit and wondering what is the best products and process to use after removing the old stuff. The paint job I have now isnt that old its just that the paint is peeling and cracking on the caulked areas. Thanks
    "In a country well governed; poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed; wealth is something to be ashamed of." -- Confucius

Thats ultimately what caused this part of the job as well... I think the factory used BoatLife stuff. The build was before 5200. Every caulked joint was cracked, and painted and repainted. All the stuff we scraped clean was still soft and after scraping washes clean with acetone.
    I really like 3M stuff and usually use 5200 or 4200 and where the sun does shine on it 4000... its not supposed to yellow. After all the screws are started, a thin (1/16") bead inside the edge before pulling down should seal it up pretty well. Any squeezins'm clean up well with mineral spirits.
    In spite of your paint condition, this would be the time to giver her a good sanding and fresh paint. Prep is 90 percent of the job, and bubba t. clown painted over ANYTHING he couldnt mask! Even his masking job was mediocre! This job is gonna look nice with clean joints and new screws!!
    Still in sweat pants today... first day off in almost a month! ws

The resident security guard!

yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Gosh looking great, the FB paint job looks fantastic!!!

Thanks J! Always good to hear from you! Now we hafta get the newest 58TC member "mellis" to answer up here and post some pics!
    Welcome aboard Mellis... 1974 58TC here undergoing a "renovation" or
    "resurection" LOL ws

One of a million pics!! HI CHARLIE!!
    yachtsmanWILLY

So while all ya big dummies were sleeping, we were screwing for 3 days straight. It was great, but theres still plenty left if anyone wants to give me a hand!
    Came to grips with the poor OEM chrome job too! The solution was to sand the green stuff off which took the last vestige of chrome with it and then puttem on the wheel with some tripoli then some clear urethane. The judges'll hate it but ya know what Ppat always sez... ws

Sandin' da brass!

Sandin' the wood...
    yachtsmanWILLY

Managed to get the helm pod down today... I had drilled and tapped all the holes before we painted, but just the overspray on the threads made them tite to run down. Check out the nifty gasket in there. Ol' bubba had a chunk-o-rubber mashed in there with 3 coats of paint on it AND all the screws...
    A yachtsman works from sun to sun, but WILLY'S work is never done....ws

Pretty sexy huh? Reminds of a european sports tourin sedan... yeh right

NOT THE BEEMER !!!!

Got all my screws in a row....
    yachtsmanWILLY

Ok... Ok... ya'll can go back to sleep now and dream about bein' like WILLY when ya wake up>>> gawd FORBID!! ws

Done screwin' for today... well almost!! LOL

the angle of the dangle is...

proportional to the heatus of the......

meatus cletus... Good nite
    yachtsmanWILLY

Good night. I'll be dreamin' of bein' like Willie.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thumbs up Re: Winding up for THE BIG FREEZE

a hopes y'all watchin dem Ollyimpic Gamers ceromonies from dat der Vancouver up in Canyda