Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Re: Winding up for THE BIG FREEZE

To wit...After this was opened up you could really smell UNCURED polyester resin... even after 35 years!! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 10-24-2009 at 09:38 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

More fun...Uh Oh !! Ya big dummy!! My sabre saw blade was 1/4 inch too long!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

WHEW!! I am wiped out! Way too much fun this weekend!
    Even BULLIT couldnt wait to get home!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Bill, Sorry to hear about your mishap! Very kind of you not to get him a DUI though.

About the spray rail, I had one replaced on my boat that had rubbed a dock the wrong way. I had a local shipwright in West Palm Beach build one exactly like the factory mahogany one. Pice installed was around $1200 installed, as I recall. I think it was only 12 or 13 feet though, pretty sure it was not 15'.

Where is the leak coming from? That is above the waterline, so is it rainwater/runoff coming in from the cracked seam on top?

Bill,
    Was that the old City of Midland 41 that used to run out of Ludington? As I remember there was another ferry named the Pere Marquette that was maybe a sistership of the City of Midland. I wonder what happened to that.

Those were similar to the Badger and the Spartan as well weren't they?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I'll answer my own question. Yes it is. Here is the link to the conversion of the City of Midland.

http://www.carferries.com/midland/

And the Undaunted has quite a history too:

http://www.carferries.com/midland/tug.html
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 10-05-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    Sky Cheney

Sorry I didnt get back at ya SKY... been busy here, but spent the last hour looking at those links. I will fwd them to Ted on the UNDAUNTED. FASCINATING!
    TH... never a dull moment is there? At least the DRUNKIE had insurance, otherwise I'd be suckin' hind tit as usual! The small amount of water is from the rains we had plus the river traffic sloshing wakes on that side. Even a little sweating will turn into decay especially with mohogany. I cant wait to see what the repair guy has to say. I can finally get to watch somebody else work on my boat. I wished I could sit back with a gin and tonic, but in January it'll have to be a frozen Daquiri!!
    Now for the lecture.... you can get drunk enuff to puke if that floats yer boat, but for CHRIST's sake, let someone else drive. Its no goddamn joke when it hits home. Im just glad the bastard didnt take off in his car
    (a Crossfire to boot!) and slam into a car load of kids or worse.
    BOTTOMS UP!!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Bill,
    Here's another link you'll enjoy. The trip on the Challenger from Lodge #5 would be the one to win IMO.

http://www.freightertrip.com/
    Sky Cheney

Do you remember her as the MEDUSA?? That was a bad luck boat... every time it went down the Chicago river to Cicero ave she would take out a bridge; always a spectacle here!!
    Check out BOATNERD for laker trip raffles too!! ws

http://www.boatnerd.com/trips/
    yachtsmanWILLY

I do remember the Medusa Challenger. At the time, we were buying cement from Medusa and I believe that my dad was invited aboard for a trip with them but he was unable to go for some reason. That's probably the last steam powered freighter on the lakes, isn't it?
    Sky Cheney