Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Re: Winding up for THE BIG FREEZE

I like that knock out set.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

That knock out set didnt sell last night, but this one did...NOW we're gonna find out a bunch of stuff about them 12 bangers!! I hope I did good on this one... ws

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

So now I am at IMPASSE. I spoke with Steve McPherson today about the spray rail situation. Keep this in mind... Mine are 20 feet long and the OEM replacements are 15.
    He has one pair in stock and would need to order another pair for me to lengthen mine. I was gonna splice in one rail whicj would give me 22-1/2 feet which I can live with. 30 Feet is too much.
    Now, these are only sold in pairs and was just wondering if anyone here needs only one for a repair/replacement job, we could split the second pair. These come in port and starboard, and my splice unit can be either.
    These aint cheap and I will split the cost 50-50. Fair enuff?? PM or email me if anyone needs one. I will take care of the initial cost of ordering. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Hey Bill didn't someone break your rail? Let them but the new ones you need and don't try so hard to save them the buck.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Hey Scott... so far the estimate is to remove the old rail, make repairs to it, re-fair the hull, paint and re-attach the one OEM wood rail for 15+K !! A lot of that is for interior removal; cabinets etc.
    I think this is the time to upgrade to 'glass rails... JUDGES??
    Anyone know of a company that makes these? I hate to get stuck with an extra part and would really like to mount a one piece unit anyway! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

He probably got the insurance check and is now trying to save a buck or two by doing the job himself. Smart man.
    Sky Cheney

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    Hey Scott... so far the estimate is to remove the old rail, make repairs to it, re-fair the hull, paint and re-attach the one OEM wood rail for 15+K !! A lot of that is for interior removal; cabinets etc.
    I think this is the time to upgrade to 'glass rails... JUDGES??
    Anyone know of a company that makes these? I hate to get stuck with an extra part and would really like to mount a one piece unit anyway! ws
    Well if the repair was based on the replacement part not matching the other side properly the bat will look odd and they need to replace both. Was the original one piece? If so demand the same or better.

They hit you. get the boat done your way and make sure they compensate for the time lost and the extra efforts you put in to get it that way.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Again, I believe he has been compensated for like, but he is trying to save some of the insurance money for other projects and get this done on his own. He probably doesn't want to disclose just what they paid.
    Sky Cheney

Actually, the check is in the mail LOL!! The underlying situation is this... there is deterioration on the wood rails. THAT wasnt damaged... the bedding was compromised causing a leak internally. If the rail is removed and the damage from the bad spot requires a replacement, a new rail will be a "betterment" and be out of my pocket. KInd of a catch 22.
    I wouldnt hesitate to do this job, and of course take lotsa pics (haha) but wasnt prepared to sacrifice other work scheduled for this job. The plan is to remove, fair, and repaint now, and install the new rails in the spring. That of course means painting the back half of the boat etc. and touch up and buff the few bad spots in the front.
    Still researching mfgrs. of glass rails. Any hints??? ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

No idea on glass rails.

I wonder if a replacement rail could be done as an extrusion? That would allow it to be longer. How are they made?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.