Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Re: Winding up for THE BIG FREEZE

Some interior stuff... USN boats always have a set of repeaters in the engine room in case the pilot house gets knocked out in combat!! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 10-24-2009 at 09:38 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Underway backing outa the slip... The 41 was an ex lake michigan car ferry cut down to build the ATB... ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

AND NOW for some fun stuff...
    Cut a 4X7 foot section of skin off the roof and couldnt budge the fugger!!! I had to go back and disect a 2X2 spot just for the soft spot. What a PITA!!! I am gonna be asking for some help here on this one next week!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

To wit...After this was opened up you could really smell UNCURED polyester resin... even after 35 years!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

More fun...Uh Oh !! Ya big dummy!! My sabre saw blade was 1/4 inch too long!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

WHEW!! I am wiped out! Way too much fun this weekend!
    Even BULLIT couldnt wait to get home!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Bill, Sorry to hear about your mishap! Very kind of you not to get him a DUI though.

About the spray rail, I had one replaced on my boat that had rubbed a dock the wrong way. I had a local shipwright in West Palm Beach build one exactly like the factory mahogany one. Pice installed was around $1200 installed, as I recall. I think it was only 12 or 13 feet though, pretty sure it was not 15'.

Where is the leak coming from? That is above the waterline, so is it rainwater/runoff coming in from the cracked seam on top?