Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

2 New storms out there.

They are happening! Both Atlantic storms at 40% at the 2pm NHC update heading West. Still many many many days to watch!
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Re: 2 New storms out there.

Wow that changed quickly! I looked at the same map this morning and it gave a 10% probability for one storm and 30% for the other.
    Jack Sardina

Invest 93 looks like its taking Emily's old track. Hope it gets torn up also over the islands.
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Hardly storms, just your average tropical wave coming off the African coast, we re going to see a new one rolling off every 2 or 3 days fit the next couple of months
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Today is the 7th anniversary of Hurricane Charley. Hope the storms stay away, have ride up the east coast next week.

I hope nothing hits the east coast. I plan to leave Jarret Bay, (NC) for NY) on thursday and was hoping to run outside most of the way. Keep posting updates and opinions guys.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    I hope nothing hits the east coast. I plan to leave Jarret Bay, (NC) for NY) on thursday and was hoping to run outside most of the way. Keep posting updates and opinions guys.

Walt
    Didn't know you were down there. We're leaving Longboat Key on Thursday heading for Morehead City, NC. Keep yours down there and we can have a raft up at Cape Look Out. A good friend of mine is there until the end of August then he'll continue his run home to Fl. I headed to Fl this summer and he went up to Newport, RI. Should be fun to cross paths on the way home.
    Jack Sardina

Not good news, but it looks to be on track based on the last couple of weeks.
    http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...neoutlook.html
    Let's hope these storms stay well offshore.
    Jack Sardina