Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

1972 Hatteras 58 Yachtfish "Sweet Melissa" For Sale!

1972 Hatteras 58’ Yachtfish, Excellent history with only One Owner, One Captain & One Mechanic from New to 2005! Ordered from Hatteras in 1971 by an international shipping company owner and vessel was used as his personal family yacht to travel between his summer home on Nantucket, MA to his winter home in Nassau, Bahamas every year from 1972 until 2003. Vessel was purchased by current owner in 2005 and has been continually updated and extremely well cared for. Over $145,000 spent in 2007 alone! Considering the current state of the economy and the depressed boat market she is being offered to fellow HOF members at a very reasonable $285k for a quick sale as we have found another boat and have no desire to be a two boat owner again. Serious buyers only, call 504-669-5337 or email vrmmm@aol.com.

Currently located in Orange Beach, AL and will be in Madisonvulle, LA in August.

Will have interior photos soon.

Exterior:
    Complete Awlgrip paint job professionally sprayed in paint booth 2007, ALL hardware, handrails & stanchions removed/rechromed/rebedded with new SS fasteners, all new teak trim around aft deck edge, new teak boarding steps and new cockpit stairs made of 5/4” Teak, new teak trim around Windlass on pulpit, new Fortress FX-55 with 300’ of 3/8” G4 Hi-Test Galvanized Chain (new 2007), All new Sunbrella pads & Cushions on Flybridge, Aft Deck & Foredeck Bench (2007), Stamoid Flybridge Cover (2008), Stamoid Aft Bench Cover (2008), Marquipt 6-Step Boarding Ladder

Mechanical:
    Detroit 8V71Ti’s @ 425hp w/330 hours on major overhauls (kits, heads, turbo’s & gears) with documentation, passes Genesis’ compression test with flying colors, Northern Lights 16KW Generator with ~450hrs (new 2005), Westerbeke 7.6BTD Generator with ~720hrs (new 2001), New Interstate Starting & House Batteries (2007/2008), Shaft & Rudder Logs repacked with Goretex (2007), 825 Gal Fuel, 300 Gal Water

Electronics:
    ALL NEW 2007: Custom Teak Electronics Dash with Furuno 1944C/NT 6KW/64mile 4’ Open Array Radar & Depth with networked display on Flybridge, Garmin 4212 with 1kw Sounder and XM Weather with networked display on flybridge, Icom 604 VHF with Remote Mic, Raymarine ST60 Wind and Graphic, Simrad Autopilot with dual stations and wired remote, Digital Antenna Cellular & WiFi Anenna’s on Radar Arch, Color Backup Camera on Mast, Seatel Coastal 24 Satellite TV w/ Internal GPS locator & upgraded LCD display

Interior:
    Teak & Holly flooring professionally installed in Galley, Forward Stateroom and ER Hallway (2007), Granite countertops in Galley, dinette, all three heads, guest stateroom and master (2006), All new appliances in 2006 (22 cu ft side-by-side GE refrigerator with door water & ice dispenser, GE dishwasher, Cooktop, GE Advantium oven/convection/microwave, Whirlpool Washer & separate matching Whirlpool 220V Dryer, U-line Icemaker in wetbar in Salon), Blackout curtains in all staterooms and heads, New Raritan Atlantes Head in Guest & Elongated Atlantes in Master Head (2008), 32” Samsung LCD TV in Salon, 19” Samsung LCD TV in Master Stateroom

Dinghy:
    1998 Novurania 400DL 13’4” RIB with low time 50hp Honda 4-Stroke outboard, secured on Powder-Coated cradle with SS tiedowns, 1000lb Davit

Hull:
    Ocean LED 2010 Underwater Lights (2007), Slane Marine Swim Platform & SS brackets w/Undermount SS swim ladder (2007), Petit Trinidad S/R bottom paint
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ThirdHatt; 07-21-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: add location and email

Re: 1972 Hatteras 58 Yachtfish "Sweet Melissa" For Sale!

So , what are you buying now ?, Byron.........................Pat

Quote Originally Posted by doc g View Post

Pat, Mum's the word for now.....until I get an accepted contract anyway. We made an offer and the counter was about one Sweet Melissa higher, so it would be nice for the 58YF to go to a good home quickly before we have to come up with more money!

Byron,
    Since your boat is a 1972 model, does that mean that you have just one shared shower between the aft and mid head with no fwd shower? (I'm trying to decide if I need to jump on this deal you've put forth before you change your mind).
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Byron,
    Since your boat is a 1972 model, does that mean that you have just one shared shower between the aft and mid head with no fwd shower? (I'm trying to decide if I need to jump on this deal you've put forth before you change your mind).

Sky,

It is the standard factory interior layout for this vintage that has a shared shower between guest and master heads (and larger heads as a result) but it does also have a shower with curtain in the forward head, just not a separate stall which again means a larger, more roomy head.

Thanks. I await interior photos.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by doc g View Post

106' BURGER !!! with 16-92s... OH THE HUMANITY !!! ;-)) ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

****** Sale Pending !!!!!******

Congrats, all right now WFT are you buying..............Pat

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    106' BURGER !!! with 16-92s... OH THE HUMANITY !!! ;-)) ws
    I thought it was a Broward. Does that mean we can't talk bad about them anymore?