Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sofa Bed Hatt Original Wanted

Looking for OEM Hatt pull out sofabed for salon on 43' MY. Condition not critical.

Please contact me a 517-974-3868 or send private email above.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Re: Sofa Bed Hatt Original Wanted

You mean the sofa next to the stair on a 43DC, right? Not a 43MY.

Like this:
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    You mean the sofa next to the stair on a 43DC, right? Not a 43MY.

Like this:
    Sky, yes correct- the one in the pic, next to the companionway stairs to the bridge. Thanks for the increase in precision. Can't find one that will fit there from a commercial source!
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Several years ago, we had a new sofa made by Glen Eagle. Unfortunately it looks like they no longer exist. That's too bad as they did nice work at a fair price and they would build it any dimensions to suit your needs. We opted for storage under ours as opposed to the pull out bed, but they offered many options.

Maybe you should search for someone like that. Elkhart, IN might be a good place to start.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I had a custom couch made a few years ago by ABC Upholstery in Port Reading, NJ (near Woodbridge). We're very happy with it. Jack Rose could be reached at 732-969-5901. He's been in business a long time. (I hope he's still there.) You can send him the picture from the brochure and the dimensions and he will build it for you. His prices were reasonable. If you contact him and reach him, can you please post on this thread?
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

Too bad about Glenn Eagle. They made mine and I am very happy with them. ABC did a great job on Larry's sofa. Same materials and similar cost to what I got from Glenn Eagle. Sofa stills looks great, 4 years and a couple of toddlers later.
    Jack Sardina

I would think any number of custom manufacturers could build a sofa sleeper of that size. I have no personal knowledge about this company, but check these guys out.

http://www.braddandhall.com/

Brad and Hall builds furniture for the RV market on existing frames. They don't build custom. I understand that when you're including a sofa bed, it can't be completely custom, but I was even able to go out and find the fabric I wanted, not just from what they offer. I had contacted them and their prices were about a 1/3 higher than ABC Upholstery probably because of their advertising budget. It looks like they do nice work, but not custom to the inch.
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

I could have sworn I read they did custom sizes, but maybe not. They seem to be a lot cheaper than some of the outfits that displayed similar furniture at FLIBS.

I got a nice one from Crate and Barrel that's in their regular product line for my 34DCMY. http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=932&f=24289
    Family Tides - 1969 41' Twin Cabin
    Mema - 1984 17' Boston Whaler Montauk
    High Bar Harbor Yacht Club
    Barnegat Light NJ