Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1984 60C Sold Today for $130,000

This was at a US Marshalls auction in Tampa today. I bid to 125 boat sold for 130. Really wasn't a bad boat at all it was in forclosure and completly neglected for 2 years. But it was whole and complete no structural damage the paint probably would have cleaned up and machinery looked OK. It was an enclosed bridge and looked to be all original Hat and didn't look to be basterdized with non OEM equiptment it looked original.

I was only biding with the idea of cleaning it up and re selling. If I wanted the boat I probably would have gone 175. Around 40 people showed up the buyer and me were the only ones bidding.

Brian

Re: 1984 60C Sold Today for $130,000

I saw that in the Sunday paper. I toyed with going to the auction, Linda would kill me if I bought another boat. Sounds like a good price. Most auctions I have attended, the price was bid up past what it is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    I saw that in the Sunday paper. I toyed with going to the auction, Linda would kill me if I bought another boat. Sounds like a good price. Most auctions I have attended, the price was bid up past what it is worth.
    Well some would argue that's what happened here. Only 2 of us plus the lawyer for the bank were bidding. Most who I talked to thought it wasn't worth over 100. I think given what it is the buyer got the deal of a life time. It's one of those boats that look awfull, right down to a pile of petrified crap dried out in the master head. But when you looked closely you relize that you could put 3 guys on this thing cleaning polishing and throwing stuff out for a week and have a completly different view. The machinery was an un known but it looked good 2 1271TIs Twin disc gears and 2 20KW kohlers. The thing I liked most about it is that it didn't apear anything had been changed or messed with all original it had a tower also.

Brian

I still can't believe how cheap boats have gotten. If I did not have the Hatt and Chris, I would have been there bidding.
    Probably a good thing though as it takes everything I have to keep up with what I have. The 60 would be too big for me to maintain and it is not a cheap boat to own.

Hi Brian, being new to the TB area (Brandon, FL) and wanting to learn more about these kinds of "sales", where do they take place? Did they start the boat up? thanks...Laurie

This was a Marshalls sale so no nothing gets started there are no surveys you just get to go on it and take a look at it for a few days before the auction. This one was advertised in the local paper just like a home forclosure. I shook the winning bidders hand and wished him luck I didn't think to tell hime about this forum. It would be interesting to know what he's going to have to do to get it going.

Brian

Well a strange turn of events took place this week. Monday I got a call from the US Marshals service telling me that the high bidder is un able to come up with the money to complete the sale. Because I was the next bidder down they offered it to me for the bid I placed at the time of the auction. So I bought it completed the paper work paid them and the court confirmed the sale today. We towed it to my house this afternoon. So I'm the new proud owner of a 1985 60C.

Brian

Congratulations! Maybe you'll consider keeping for a few years before flipping her? Look forward to hearing what condition she is really in now that you own her. Very exciting and cool way to stumble into what appears to be the deal of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Degulis View Post
    Well a strange turn of events took place this week. Monday I got a call from the US Marshals service telling me that the high bidder is un able to come up with the money to complete the sale. Because I was the next bidder down they offered it to me for the bid I placed at the time of the auction. So I bought it completed the paper work paid them and the court confirmed the sale today. We towed it to my house this afternoon. So I'm the new proud owner of a 1985 60C.

Brian

Cool! I want to see it.

congrats Brian, you sound like a proud pappa!!!!!
    Daryl Hollis
    1965 34'DCMY Hull # 33

http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/a...albumview=grid