I did mine a year ago. I have a 41c and have teak and holley in the galley and head. I also have a little bit in the salon. I made a template of the salon area and the 2 staterooms. Went to the carpet store and picked out some nice carpet, gave him the template and he cut it all out and seamed an edge all around the borders. I have access to one small engine room hatch that is also seamed with a border. If I need full access to the engines, I just roll it up. No need to attach it to the floor, it lays very nice. I paid him 550 to do it. (material, seaming, cutting, everything). If I need to do a deep clean, I just roll it up and take it home. A guy down the marina from me paid 1800 for new carpets from cabo on his 35c (from the cabo parts dept). It has a black "non skid" type backing, but that was the problem with the original carpets, the black material on the bottom was constantly flaking off and getting everywhere. The only kicker to this is that the carpet will only come back as good as the template. Make sure you take your time, note the way you want the carpet pattern (pile) to lay and keep it consistent throughout the boat. Make plenty of notations on the templates. Also be aware that the paper you make the templates with. It may expand or shrink a tiny bit with temp and humidity. I have seen it done many ways, but I would not do it any differently than I explained it here. It makes for a fine, professional, and easily removable floor. And if you ever need to do it again, it is as simple as pulling it out and using the old carpet as the new template.