I'm trying to figure out the following but the owner's manual on my 3010 is unclear...

It APPEARS that two 3010s/3006s can be connected together with an ethernet cable and "share" data. Sharing between more than two units requires a separate interface box.

OK...I have a 3010c and a Garmin depth sounder so that the depth data shows on the 3010. I also have the appropriate maps loaded onto the card for the 3010. IF I purchase another 3010 or a 3006 and connect it to the existing 3010 via the ethernet cable, does all the available info show up on the added unit - map data, depth, etc without any other connection or downloaded map data? If I make route or add waypoints on one of the devices, are they automatically carried to/displayed on the other?

As I said, I have examined my owner's and installation manual for the 3010 and I can't find a clear explanation of this. The Garmin site FAQs does not address it either, at least as far as I can find...

I am interested in the because at present I move the 3010 up/down depending on where we choose to operate the boat. Most often it is down so I was thinking about adding another 3010 or maybe a 3006 and mounting it permanently on the FB.