Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Re: The Trilogy Begins

Hey GRAMPS!
    After the haul out, give each one a couple-a-smacks with a 4 lb hammer.
    If they break then change'em. It would be a good idea to pull each one and re-bed them at the least as well. I wouldnt use plastic below the water line.
    Hope all else is well. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    Hey GRAMPS!
    After the haul out, give each one a couple-a-smacks with a 4 lb hammer.
    If they break then change'em. It would be a good idea to pull each one and re-bed them at the least as well. I wouldnt use plastic below the water line.
    Hope all else is well. ws

Yeah and if you pull them you can glass bead them and see if they are still a nice bronze color. Or have any signs of electrolysis. Just use a nice fine glass bead.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Well I finally got back to posting. After 15 months of being without job, finally broke down and went back to work. Been reading all the post I have missed over the past few weeks. Its good to be back to work even though its not quite what I wanted to do. I was really hoping for something in the marine industry, but you know what they say, It's easier to find a job when you have one.

Question? My window frames are still out of the boat and I have been seeing thing about frameless windows. Does anyone have any pics they can share with me as my frames are repairable, but have some corrosion, and will take some time to make pretty again. If this is an option I could use, now would be the time as I was planning to put all new tinted glass in since I had about 4 broken or cracked ones.

Thanks in advance
    Daryl Hollis
    1965 34'DCMY Hull # 33

http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/a...albumview=grid

dang... can I relate! With winter coming here, its time to get out and find some W-W-W-Work as well. what a bummer, but since the OBAMACOMP is running out, whats the alternative??
    RE: glass job... If you want to change out all the frames etc, be sure that the cost will justify the means. Unless youre gonna do a full blown open checkbook restoration, I would fix what youve got. That includes repairing and painting the F Glass roof before you attempt the re-install.
    I hope the weather is treating you better than here... 7 days so far with no sun, 40s and rain... already heating the boat with TYRONE!! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 10-16-2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: jhog;igi
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Know what you mean there YB, the weather sucks here too.

I already have the primer and paint on hand to paint the areas around the windows before installing. The weather must have put me in a funk and not condusive to getting things done in the order that I had planned. As for the frameless windows,,,,,was really just curious as to how it was done on an old boat designed with window frames.
    Daryl Hollis
    1965 34'DCMY Hull # 33

Time flies when you actually work ,lol Didn't realize ,it had been a month since i posted. thing are going well, getting front two windows cut down to size, new glass cut , tinted safety
    Daryl Hollis
    1965 34'DCMY Hull # 33

i have a lot of time on my hands, laid off again. now ,i can get back to work on the boat
    Daryl Hollis
    1965 34'DCMY Hull # 33

Its about time!! Lets comiserate!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

DITO!!! I agree with Bill.....get back to work!!!!LOL Now you can make some progress on your yacht. Welcome back! ppat
    yachtsmanWILLY

Congrats

I think!!!!

Well we have missed your posts but had Pat and Bill to entertain us!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>