Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Gear Driven Air Compressor

AS part of my ongoing engine room updates, I am trying to remove as much clutter as I can. The tank's and hoses that support the Buell Horns take up a lot of space (Where I want to install some a Racor CCV System) and I am thinking of removing them.

Anyone done this? Any words of wisdom? My wipers are electric so it's only the horn that operates off of air and I have the outlets on the fly bridge running off m inverter so I can pop an inexpensive pancake compressor under the flybridge for the horn.

How big a deal is pulling the compressor... do I need to pull anything to get to it, Where do I get a palte to cover the port left if I remove it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn
    Shawn
    58 MY

Re: Gear Driven Air Compressor

If you remove your compressor I might be interested in exchanging the cover plate on one of my engines for your compressor (with appropriate compensation of course). What engines do you have? My engines have two accessory drives - one for the raw water pump and one for the tach drive. If the compressor is taking up one drive, from where is your tach driven?

I have 500hp 8-92's. They are 79's.
    Shawn
    58 MY

Not exactly on topic but was curious as to why you were considering installing the Racor CCV systems vs. Walkers Airseps? Are you replacing Airseps or a set of original OEM filters?
    Tim

Ex 1978 53' YF owner

I am replacing the OEM breathers and those weird pvc S%$T cans
    Shawn
    58 MY