Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

New Maintenance Tools

Found this site and I've got a few items form there that have really worked very well. Topshelfmarine.com has a number of interesting items especially for the do it yourself guy. In particular the tool for sea strainer wing nuts that you can leave on the strainer. Small, extremely handy and perfect for the job. We've all had the AC and generator strainer problems and finding the pliers or whatever you use seems alyways an issue. The sea cock handle is handy as well.

Re: New Maintenance Tools

Her's another one. You may have seen it advertised on TV and thought it's bogus like I did. I got one and they work as advertised It's a great close quarters sanding machime and the cutting attachments work great also. Expensive but it is a good tool to have.

https://www.4multimaster.com/vcc/fei...master/190652/

Brian

The Fein multimaster is the best thing since sliced bread. Will cut recessed square holes, sand where nothing else will, flush cut. Incredible.

Ted

4. Re: New Maintenance Tools

My boat neighbor bought one.... About $400 he said. He's everyone's "best friend" since he did too. I used it to sand my bow pulpit and it is neat.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

I have a fien sander. Is this a completely different tool or can I get an attachment ?

Looks just like a stryker saw. I used to use those things all the time cutting bones out of people for transplant. Worked great. Always thought I needed one for the house. Looks like the exact same blades even.

The Fein tool is incredible. I did a repair of a rotted area in Blue Note's aft bulkhead last summer and fall with only that tool. It cut wood, metal, old fasteners, fiberglass, sanded etc. It's also very difficult to injure yourself with a Fein tool- it's like a cast saw in that regard. The new ones have even more power and they have some new blades, plus it is easier to change them. It is expensive, and worth every cent. It will make a cut of 1mm with hardly any dust- an amazing machine.

Fein also makes excellent (and expensive) shop vacs, and RO sanders. We used a sander/vac setup to polish out the Kirkham Cobra last year, with great results. Every Fein tool I've ever seen was built to last and worked perfectly.