Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: legalize what?

Re: legalize what?

If we follow the logic that cigs caused the major increase in heart disease and lung disease then the answer is ...ban the shit..I can see the use for medical purposes but it has no value as a recreational product when one sees the downsides of intoxication. B.C. Canada produces some of the best "bud" in the world and I'm sure those producers would detest any move to legalize, they prefer to beat each other up and steal electricity from the hydro Co.as well as destroy rental property. Legaliziation would not stop production, the Gov't would probably demand a lower THC level for legal stuff which leaves a big market for tthe good stuff. We do have medical use in Canada and the Gov is the producer, is made in a disused mine in Winnipeg, quality I hear is poor.

As far as unhealthy foods go, we are slowly modifying the production process to improve overall quality and we need educated citizens to demand that the bad content be taken out where feasible.

Shoot all the dealers. You deal in drugs you you die. I have no problem with that. Other countries have it that way. I have seen way to many young people screwed up on drugs. I have a daughter on crack. I have no Mercy for anyone that deals in drugs. Quit listening to all the goody, goody people and take control. Move all the crack heads in with the liberals. Let them see how it is to watch a young person kill them self. It may not stop drug traffic, but it sure will slow it up. Make my day, Lock and load.

BILL

What he said. ^^^^

I know many people that use alcohol on a daily basis they get home from work and have a few drinks. Most function just fine. I know some people that smoke pot on a daily basis every one of them is burnt out stupid in general. But leagalize it I really don't care.

IMHO those that advocate the leagalisation of all drugs don't know anything about human nature. Most people will never enter the seedy underworld buy an ileagal product of unknown origin and put it in they're body.

If you leagalize narcotics or cocaine the companies that sell it will advertise it and market it. They will put a happy face on it and ligitimize it. Millions of people will try it and become hoplessly addicted. It would be the absouloute destruction of this country.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Let's start a poll...
    I did...I brought it home after winterizing and it sits in my garage. At least I removed the ensign, but I'll do the varnishing come Spring, ...promise!
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

I have always thought it should be decriminalized, not legalized. The war on drugs can never be won. Take the profit out of it and the thugs will go away.
    The billions saved from fighting drugs can be used for other things.
    People who want to get high will find a way using what ever is convienient.

I don't have much sympathy for addicts who have no discipline or self control. They had a choice and made a poor choice, no one held them down and forced drugs on them.
    Last edited by captddis; 02-25-2009 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
    Shoot all the dealers. You deal in drugs you you die. I have no problem with that. Other countries have it that way. I have seen way to many young people screwed up on drugs. I have a daughter on crack. I have no Mercy for anyone that deals in drugs. Quit listening to all the goody, goody people and take control. Move all the crack heads in with the liberals. Let them see how it is to watch a young person kill them self. It may not stop drug traffic, but it sure will slow it up. Make my day, Lock and load.

BILL
    When I flew our airplane to Singapore there was a sign on the door of the customs office that read,"Anyone aprehended with one ounce or more of a controlled substance will be hung." They mean it too. the trials are swift and if the jury finds the person guilty, they are hung within an hour. No 30 years on our dime, no excuses.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

here's an opinion from someone on the front line of this "war on drugs." Many of you have brought up great points in a well rounded and surprisingly educated discussion. As a law enforcement officer for almost 7 years I have seen many things that the normal public does not see. That is why I do what I do. To protect the sheep from the wolves as I like to say. As an officer in Colorado I was exposed to a huge number of people addicted to Methamphetamine. In conversations with them guess what their first experience with narcotics was.....yup weed. Please don't misinterpret that as an insinuation that it's a gateway drug. I believe addiction is the gateway. What happened to PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY? Everyone wants to blame someone else. Big tobacco, gas companies, the government, arabs, or my personal favorite the police. Everyone is looking for an escape from reality. Instead of hard work and perserverance they turn to the easiest way out. Now as an officer in sunny southwest florida I see lots and lots and lots of marijuana. Cape Coral is known nationwide for grow houses (and forclosures.) Ironically I see the same stupid crimes committed for marijuana that I did for meth. All of which is glorified every day through the media. That's that freedom of speech thing. Wake up and realize that legalization doesn't matter. It will have very little effect in the grand scheme of things. I truly could care less if it was legal or not. There is enough out there crawling around in the dark while you are nice in cozy in your bed to keep me busy. People are stealing spray paint to huff, buying aerosol whip cream to huff that, abusing legal prescriptions for xanax, and because they are sooo desperate for that buzz do an internet search of JENKEM (legal by the way.)

It all boils down to one simple concept......Laws only affect those who obey them.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Dan B
    1963 34DC
    Last Year's Rent

"Millions of people will try it and become hoplessly addicted"

Brian, you missed the memo... don't you know pot is not addictive? it's not a drug.

that's the argument some are trying to make us believe...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

All you have to do is have a teen-aged son take his own life because his mind was screwed up from drugs and you will share the stronger negative opinions. Shoot the dealers on the spot!

Bob