Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Making the break from land. we did it!

You know what? it feels like we are cheating "the system". and you know what else? it feels reeal goood!
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

That is awesome. I wish I could live on my boat year round. Unfortunately, in the winter, it's much nicer to have a place with a wood stove where I live.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

It's not the same but in a couple of years we plan to live aboard Brigadoon for 1/2 the year. Yes, we'll bail in the winter!

I don't think that we would be happy living full time on the boat - we both have interests that aren't well suited to it. I have a bunch of hobbies that take more room then any boat we could afford could possibly handle!

But we both think it will be really neat to spend serious extended time living on the boat though we won't be anywhere in the class of REAL liveaboards.

Wow, Mario, that is so cool! I didn't realize that you also wanted to try the l/a lifestyle....def. frequent the l/a forum, lots of good stuff there too...I am so glad for you four and want to continue to read about how things go...

Cheers, Laurie & Jim

My wife and I live aboard our 36 Hat from Jan. 1st. to late April. Our duties and interests call us back to Detroit then. We love it but I don't think we could take summer in Miami. Neither of us is a big fan of using A/C. So far this winter our Cruiseair units have spent most of their time making heat. I am not complaining we both love south Florida weather and our Hatteras. We'll see many of you at the HOF raft up during the Miami show.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C