Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Windshield Washer Pump??

Thanks Jim. I am trying to attach pics of the three valves beneath the upper helm. Tempted to turn each one off separately. Can't imagine what else there would be a need for copper piping and valves up there if not the windshield?!IMG_9367.jpgIMG_9366.jpg

Sound reasonable?

Thanks!
    Michelle
    Michelle Jezycki
    Master Captain
    To the Moon

I think that's your autopilot pump. How big are the copper tubes?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

That looks like the autopilot pump indeed. The valves are probably so you can isolate it for service and removal without having to drain the entire system. You'll have to follow the windshield washer system back from the nozzles, I think. If there is another Hatteras of a similar model where you are, the owner may be able to help. There may also be some drawings from Sam's. You are in DC, right? I think there are other 53MYs in the area. There certainly are out here in the Annapolis area.

Ed Zachary Jim and Derek.

That's Ed Zackery the autopilot pump with copper lines not hoses on the last link. Should have hose for vibration isolation but who's going to tell the judges.

The windshield washer lines are probably 1/4 not 1/2 inch. As suggested find the nozzles and work backwards.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I like the idea of a 2000 PSI washer pump. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Thanks Guys....ah yes, the autopilot that never worked when we bought it Also on the project list! Will work backwards and let you know what I find.

Thanks!
    Michelle
    Michelle Jezycki
    Master Captain
    To the Moon