Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Perfect Verbiage for Signage of Marine Toilet Use?

Where did you get that sign?! I MUST have one...well actually three. :P
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

Bill - that is an awesome sign. You must have had it made at a trophy shop - see it personally signed by the man himself.

Thought of another possibility why tampons wind up in toilet and not trash – my trash cans doesn’t have lids. Think I’ll buy a couple with revolving lid so there is no embarrassment for lack of a better word in having it sit in the open.

You guys are making this way too complicated where strangers are concerned. Go the boat show route by turning off the breakers and taping down the lids along with an "out of order" note. Your guests will ask you what to do next and you can give them directions to the restroom in the marina. "Gee, that damn part was supposed to be delivered yesterday... sorry".

If you're away from the marina, follow the same steps after which you can simply tell them the procedure for using the head as well all know very few people read signs.

Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
    Where did you get that sign?! I MUST have one...well actually three. :P
    If there is any interest in this, I've got a friend with a sign shop that does custom work for me. I could have a run of something made up with vinyl over aluminum or polystyrene sign board.

PM me with any interest, and I'll see what it will cost.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

They are at most marine stores like West Marine, or on the internet. I've seen them for less than $5.00. Don't spend the money making anything special order. I'll search the links I had and post them.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Found this site for signage
    http://www.bereng.com/fptext.htm
    Dan & Trish Carney
    Serenity
    53 MY
    Baltimore,MD

FWIW, in the unfortunate event when a guest does violate "ship's policy", a pair of extended long nose pliers can generally easily remove the offending matter. Your guest will appreciate your having this (and rubber gloves) on board.

(Hope the image works)
    Attached Images
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Quote Originally Posted by (Nobody You Know) View Post
    FWIW, in the unfortunate event when a guest does violate "ship's policy", a pair of extended long nose pliers can generally easily remove the offending matter. Your guest will appreciate your having this (and rubber gloves) on board.

(Hope the image works)
    What, and ruin my good fishing pliers?
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Extra long needle nose pliers are available from Harbor Freight for cheap money.
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by sgharford View Post
    Bill - that is an awesome sign. You must have had it made at a trophy shop - see it personally signed by the man himself.

Thought of another possibility why tampons wind up in toilet and not trash – my trash cans doesn’t have lids. Think I’ll buy a couple with revolving lid so there is no embarrassment for lack of a better word in having it sit in the open.

I actually had a pal (RIP) at work make that while on restricted duty. It was like a small milling machine that was CNCd off of a computer. There were probably 100 color combinations too!!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults