Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Question Looking for new, saw REFURB.

I Was Just Checking Some Sites For Current Pricings On A Garmin 4212 When I Notice A "refb." Has Anyone Thoughts On A Refb. Unit? They Come With A Warrenty. Almost Like A Hand Built Model Or Am I Kidding Myself? It's About 33% Off List Price.

Re: Looking for new, saw REFURB.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    I Was Just Checking Some Sites For Current Pricings On A Garmin 4212 When I Notice A "refb." Has Anyone Thoughts On A Refb. Unit? They Come With A Warrenty. Almost Like A Hand Built Model Or Am I Kidding Myself? It's About 33% Off List Price.
    We bought a refurbished Garmin for my dad's boat in Florida. It came off of ebay with full factory warranty. The box had a Garmin sticker on it that stated refurbished with one year warranty. He just installed the unit last month and it works great. I can't remember the model number but it is a 5" color screen.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: Looking for new, saw refurbish.

I am a believer in "Factory Refurbish" products. Bought three Garmin auto GPS units at Christmas, one for my son, on for my son in law and one for me. But, you do need to know what you are buying.

Most companies, Garmin included I believe, sort their returns. They take the best based on cosmetics and do a factory refurbish. The lessor units are often sold to other refurbish businesses. You definitely want the Garmin Factory Refurbish. The easiest way to tell is if a one year Garmin factory warranty is included. If the offering is a 90 day no label warranty, it is not Garmin. When you get the product it should arrive in a Garmin retail box, complete with all accessories, and be marked "refurbished product" some where on the box. Be sure to register the product immediately as further verification that it is a Garmin Refurbish.

Pete