Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Miami Boat Show Raft Up Party

We're about a month away from the boat show, and there have been some inquiries about doing the raft up like we did last year. We need to start planning this if we're going to pull it off again this year.

First, we need to pick a day. I would suggest either Friday (Feb. 13) or Saturday (Feb. 14) or Sunday (Feb. 15). I'd like to have some input from those of you who can attend, who can bring boats, and who will be in town on what day(s) so that we can pick the day that is convenient to the greatest number of us, and particularly for those bringing boats - what's a raft up without boats, right?

Cheers!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Re: Miami Boat Show Raft Up Party

Ang,

I will be arriving Saturday morning. Would love to participate in the raft up so I'd like to vote for Saturday or Sunday evening.

Jim

We're flexible..whatever everyone wants is fine. Ang, we will set up our scedule with you at your convience... Call me.

Walt

We could do any of those days. We'd be bringing our boat down from Hollywood. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help; we are down here and living aboard for the season and have both cars. Where does this raft up take place?
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

I'll be coming into town on Thursday afternoon and flying back out Tuesday morning. Hopefully Doug and the rest of the Sam's crew can make it down again, but their show schedules may dictate when they could or could not make it. Maybe they can make the call if it works for everybody else.

PS I PROMISE I'll be a good (better) boy this year (assuming I'm on the guest list).

I think Sat or Sun would be better as some people may come in town for these days, not friday. Let see what work best for the Sam's Crew?

George, we rafted up in Marine Stadium last year which is nice and protected and allows us to pick up/drop off guests by tender right by the parking lot.

Randy, you were a good boy last year ... you slept thru most of the evening :-)

Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I'm in! Saturday or Sunday will be fine with me. I'll ask Rick the new owners of the 34 if they want to come.
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

Randy, you were a good boy last year ... you slept thru most of the evening :-)
    Yeah, and I had the strangest dream that I was in a cartoon episode with somebody calling my name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEdBndu0YUM

Right now Saturday would work best for us but we'll try to do whatever works best for everyone else.

Thanks!
    Doug Langley, Forum Admin
    Sam's Marine International
    http://www.samsmarine.com

Any day is good for Unity. I am superstitious so maybe Friday the 13th. isn't the best choice, (kidding). We had Unity there last year and had a ball. I hope Sky can join us aboard Unity again this year, so I would prefer whatever is the best day for he and his wife.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C