Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Perfect Verbiage for Signage of Marine Toilet Use?

Angela's recent incident in the thread "Miami Boat Show Raft Up Party" inspired me to actually post this one now as I have been meaning to for some time. We have all had to clear the tampon or big wad of sh-t out our toilet pumps at one time or another. No matter what you tell your sister-in-law or best friend someone is going to ruin your day/weekend at least once a season (three times already, and only had the boat for one season).

So with that said, has anyone come up with effective verbiage that isn't too vulgar for a sign to hang in front of toilets? I would do anything to minimize chances of this happening again. I would rather get punched in the nose as that is less obtrusive then how personal I take it when someone massively clogs my toilet.

2. Re: Perfect Verbiage for Signage of Marine Toilet Use?

What I had hanging over my head, in a big, bold font that filled an entire 8x11 sheet of paper:

"Items deposited in this head must have previously been in your mouth.

The pump you will clean out if you clog it is in the engine room, as hot as an oven, and downhill."
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Re: Perfect Verbiage for Signage of Marine Toilet Use?

This one is about the same. Saw it on a dive boat in Key West last year.

"Don't put anything in the head unless you have eaten it first."

Blaine

TOILET PAPER ONLY, PLEASE. They get the message after reading that.

I've got nice color photos from the "dig out" of the first time this happened. I'm thinking posting a flyer in the head with Genesis's words, and my photos, all in one. They say a picture can be worth a thousand words. I can hear it now, "Oh that's disgusting..." YES, IT IS!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

6. Re: Perfect Verbiage for Signage of Marine Toilet Use?

"To all landlubbers.....there are no plumbers at sea!!!"