Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

34' Dual Cabin 1966 - Is it worth anything?

I've been trying to sell - practically give away - my boat for a few weeks. I have it listed on Craigslist for $12,000. I had it on Ebay for a while with a minimum bid of $10,000. I've gotten some hull kickers but I think it's mostly due to the "Big Boat, Small Price" syndrome; none of them have seemed to even know what a Hatteras is.

So, how much is this boat worth these days? Is there a better way to try and sell it? People are actually buying around here because 15,000 boats just got destroyed last year by IKE and insurance checks are showing up now, but I guess a lot of them are buying shiny newer boats.

Here's a link to the craigslist post.

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/1006332048.html

Thanks for any input.
    Larry
    Hatt Trick
    1966 34DC70

Re: 34' Dual Cabin 1966 - Is it worth anything?

if she was on the Mississippi, I'd buy her! Nice looking craft there. Exactly what I am looking for as well.

Larry,

She looks great in the pictures - looks like a wonderful boat for a young family. Good luck with it....

Walt

The price and condition appear reasonable. Now what you need is more time and better exposure. Why not hire a Broker?
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Quote Originally Posted by Finalee View Post
    The price and condition appear reasonable. Now what you need is more time and better exposure. Why not hire a Broker?

I'll do that if it becomes necessary. I hate the process of selling stuff so my idea was to price her cheap and get it over with. Hasn't worked out that way so far though.
    Larry
    Hatt Trick
    1966 34DC70

Hey Larry,

Tried the Craig's List link, but the listing has been removed... any other photos available?

Quote Originally Posted by ReelSlinger View Post
    Hey Larry,

Tried the Craig's List link, but the listing has been removed... any other photos available?

Says "deleted by Author", so maybe she sold?
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

Sorry about that, I deleted the previous post and reposted to move it to the top. There are so many boats posted on the Houston craigslist that they move off of the front page within half a day sometimes.

Here's the new link, I added a link from there to a few more pictures.

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/1029038624.html
    Last edited by ljcrain; 02-10-2009 at 01:15 PM.
    Larry
    Hatt Trick
    1966 34DC70