Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: Miami Boat Show Raft Up Party

this may sound crazy but since you have a spare GM pump, you could install it with Y valves (one on the black water intake, one on the water supply side) and a switch. that woudl allow you to switch pumps at any time when that happens. also, it will empty most of the line making the job less unpleasant.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

2. Re: Miami Boat Show Raft Up Party

I can see I must now divorce my wife....

Our anniversary is Feb 13th and it keeps interfering with me getting down there for the boat show.....

We normally go off for a long weekend and cruise either to Cumberland Island or St Augustine....

Then maybe remarry her at a time when it doesn't interfer with fun....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Angela, you know how we let our guests know not to flush the "mouse" down the head? I take the liberty of telling them MYSELF! you should see the look on their faces when a guy is the one giving them instructions on properly disposing the mouse, in front of everyone of course. It's usually accompanied by giggles from their male counterparts. Through out the day, it becomes the standing joke that never ends.

problem solved...
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

On one of my previous boats (before Monica), I had signs in each head (which can be bought at many boat stores) which specifically stated that you should not put anything in the head unless it has been previously eaten or drunk. I don't remember the exact wording but I'm sure many of you folks have seen them. I wanted to place similar signs on my present boat but Monica thinks is not nice. I agreed on condition that it is her responsibility to talk to all the women guests. So far so good. I can really understand Angela's anger, especially with boaters, but as Pascal noted, they were mostly sailboaters who generally use a bucket and dump overboard.

Walt

most people dont' read instructions even when they're in their face.I have laminated sheets in the heads, there is a sticker on the VF seat cover, yet i've had tampons flushed in there...

The only way is to warn the guests not to flush anything except the TP provided. no tissue, no tampon.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

A bit extreme, but it's crossed my mind - turn off the breakers to the head and only after I've personally done a visual inspection of what's in the head will I then turn on the breaker long enough to flush. Again, I've never implemented that, but as I sit there digging one out with MY hands, I've thought about it.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Ang, try telling your lady friends that if a head plugs up, no one is allowed off the boat until a lady (not you) fixes the thing. That'll get em thinking.

Bob