Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Miami Boat Show Raft Up Party

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Randy,

That must be a fairly recent picture. I think I can pick up Angela's boat. Just viewing that picture makes me wish I was down there right now. It snowed last night and it left a mess. My God I really dislike Winter in NJ.

Walt
    Well then, come on down. I'm sure Ang will cut you a special deal if you plan to stay for a month.

I've been in Ft Lauderdale since Saturday and the weather is perfect. Called my wife back in CT yesterday. The furnace cut out, 49F in the house, the repair van could not get up our driveway because of the ice, kids had no school because of the storm.

Maybe I should just stay here.

Quote Originally Posted by tomrealest View Post
    I might come down from Ft Lauderdale. Not familiar with the raft up area. Could someone give me some Lat Lon that's close?

What about anchorage for the boat while I take the dinghy in to go to the show? Was thinking if I take the dink over near the hatteras display or the Jarret Bay on Collins Ave, I could tie the dink off with a lock of course. Any thoughts?
    Our raft up area is no where near any of he show sites. The raft up is also at night. The last post will give you the lat long but stay on the ICW until the bridge to Key Biscane, (the last bridge before entering Biscayne bay). Just before the bridge turn left, head East near the bridge until you can turn where all the moored boats are. Follow that line around leaving the restraunt to stb. and head into the bay beyond that restraunt. The reason for the strange entry is low water. Just coordinate what I said with your chart and the lat long and all will make sense.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

when looking at charts or GE you can' miss marine stadium, just across the bay from downtown and south of SoBe/ fisher island. The view is nice and we're protected from wakes.

with a decent dinghy, you can go to the show on Collins or the convention center, it's 20 minutes ride. once you cross Gov Cut and pass Miami Beach Marina, the canal entrance is just before the venetian causeway. There is a publix supermarket there and people tie dinghies to the side of the canal all the time. further up the canal, you end up at collins, there is a lot of bulkhead space where you could tie the dink, i doubt anyone will object during the show.

try this link...

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...61m_&encType=1

if you go to Bird Eye view by the convention center and in the collins canal, the pictures where taken either right before or after one of the recent shows. you can see boats in the parking lot and empty docks and tents in the canal.
    and Sanctuary is clearly visible in Birds Eye view at the end of the southermost dock next to the searay
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...61m_&encType=1
    Last edited by Pascal; 01-29-2009 at 09:54 AM.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thanks Maynard & Pascal. That's a hugh help! I down this weekend. What happen to the warm weather?
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

I think I happened to the warm weather having flown down Thursday with that cold front following me! We made the run down from Lauderdale to Miami yesterday morning in a CC but had to cut things short to keep from getting wet.

Hey Ang, did you find the present I left for you? DO NOT shake the box!

I'm starting to rethink this "party on my boat" thing. I gave a farewell party to a dockmate and 37 people came aboard...all of them BOATERS; I said ALL of them being boaters, and yes, I told every one of them, even the men, "NO TAMPONS," yet some bitch flushed one. Identify her and I will kill her.

This leaves me rethinking whether I want to host a party on my boat...even to boaters as I've just been stung by one.

I cannot tell you just how f'ing mad I am right now. I remember in the past I said I only wanted charters of men or post menapausal women....I'm having fond memories of those thoughts again.

Of course, this had to be on a galleymaid head (specifically, MY head - the crew head) rather than one of the new vacuflush heads where you just open the duckbill and pull it out. NO.....I have to pull the BIG FAT hose off the galleymaid pump with crap spewing everywhere (it's a downhill run...that bitch!) and unwind the mouse from the blender blade. ...delete... delete...delete...my thoughts were too strong for posting here. Still...not sure I want to host a party, even amongst "friends".

P.S......Super Bowl Party on my boat tomorrow....CANCELLED....I want everyone off my boat tomorrow!
    Last edited by Angela; 02-03-2009 at 11:48 AM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Ang, please tell us how you really feel!

Angela

in all fairness, most of your boaters friends were ragboters! you know... the kind that use a bucket most of the time, or manual heads or the marina bathrooms... :-)

you said it's tripping the breaker, are you sure a tampon woudl do that? last time that happened (master) if i remember it didn't trip, it simply woudln't pump.

let me know if you need help with that hose, unless you really want to save it for Ed. :-)
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Ouch Ang! I know the feeling. Next time I would disable that particular head,(or lock the door) tell everyone twice and install VERY LARGE SIGNS in the other heads. Your boat is too perfect for entertaining to let some idiot bitch ruin the good times.

If you need help, feel free to call....

Captned
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

I’m sorry for the rage...I was really, really mad about that and still am. Yes, I know it’s going to happen, especially with a charter boat, but that doesn’t take away any of the sting when it does happen.

When I discovered the incident, it was flushing slowly at first, but still flushing the bowl out, at least that once by the time I got to it and discovered something had happened - when I pushed the button, it labored, but was going down slowly. I let it sit a bit and tried it again - same thing. Tried it again later... not going down, pump laboring more and tripping the breaker by that time. I let it sit overnight like Pascal told me to do and tried it again - nothing goes down and the pump labors itself into tripping the breaker. This is the same thing the guest head was doing when I first got the boat, and guess what I found in the GM pump....a mouse.

I’m going in with a hacksaw this evening and cut the hose off so I can get the stator housing off. To put it back together, I’m going to run the PVC closer to the pump and use a smaller piece of what’s left of that hose to connect the PVC and the pump.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com