Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Miami Boat Show Raft Up Party

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard Rupp View Post
    Any day is good for Unity. I am superstitious so maybe Friday the 13th. isn't the best choice, (kidding). We had Unity there last year and had a ball. I hope Sky can join us aboard Unity again this year, so I would prefer whatever is the best day for he and his wife.
    Maynard,
    Unfortunately, we are probably not going to make it down this year. I am training a new guy in my office and I just don't think I'll be able to leave. The good news is, after he is trained, I'll have much more freedom to just take off and go boating (or go to boat shows).
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

It sounds like Saturday is the best day for the majority involved. So, I'll go out on a limb here and make a call...SATURDAY evening it is!

Given the availability of parking at my marina, shall we all assume that we'll do this at the same location, i.e. Stadium Bay next to the Rusty Pelican with free parking at my marina?

If my understanding is correct, these are the boats we'll have:

58MY (Angela)
    58YF (Mario)
    56MY (GJH)
    53MY (Pascal)
    36C (Maynard)

Did I miss any boats? What a sweet collection!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Hey Ang,

I'll stop by in the little boat again for dingy duty, more that likely....

Cheers!

Captned
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Ok guys-ya'll killing me ! Temp here in "Yankee Country"-CT. is now 10 -wind chill 15 below-and you are talking "raft up." Question-I own property on ICW in Southport,N.C.-is it wrong to think of that spot for a winter home for my 1964 34' Hat sedan? If so-recomendations would be appreciated. Mix

Quote Originally Posted by Captned View Post
    Hey Ang,

I'll stop by in the little boat again for dingy duty, more that likely....

Cheers!

Captned
    Ned, I was just thinking about you on the way home....I was hoping you'd fill in the gap between the 53MY and the 36C...we need something in the mid 40 foot range! But...dinghy will do! Looking forward to seeing you.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

We need to make sure poor little Unity is on the outside. I wouldn't want it sandwiched between those Behemouths!!! Too bad you can't make it Sky, I really enjoyed your company last year.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Too bad you can't make it Sky, I really enjoyed your company last year.
    I second that, Maynard. I'm going to miss Sky at this event, too.

Don't worry, we won't squish Unity.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Southport is a swell place. A lot of people bring their boats down to New Bern and environs for the winter. Of course, as I write this, it is 25 degrees in Southport. Our ostensible home port is New Bern, but of course, I am on the boat here in Hollywood FL; those extra 30 or 40 degrees are meaningful to me!
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Too bad you can't make it Sky, I really enjoyed your company last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I second that, Maynard. I'm going to miss Sky at this event, too.
    Thanks Maynard and Anglea. We really had a great time last year and I wish we could be there with you all again. We're planning on making it for next year. Hopefully we'll be invited again. Have fun and take pictures for those of us that need to live vicariously.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Vicariously...Is that another way of saying that you are freezing your a** off?? Sky, you can consider you and your bride invited for the 2010 Miami show!
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C