Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what a bunch of schmoes...

Looks like everyone forgot except me!!! Heres best wishes to two major contributors here... Maynard and Spartonboat... best wishes guys and many happy returns!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Re: what a bunch of schmoes...

Well said Bill, yes Best Wishes to both of you!!
    Bear'
    1984 61' MY Strategic Plan

3. Re: what a bunch of schmoes...

Bill,

Why are you calling those two "a bunch of schmoes".

The rest of us respect them. Just didn't want to embarass them by letting them know they are getting old.

Oh, and happy birthday to both of you
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

I prefer to use the same term we apply to our old/antique Hatts, i.e. "vintage", like good wine you know!

Thanks for the congrats. In celebration, I who has no snowblower, has been hand shoveling snow for 2 hours at a crack, since we in Grand Rapids, MI now have I believe record snow accumulation. Very good aerobics I think. Also see Spokane, WA ( $150k/DAY to plow record snow!), Oshkosh, WI, and some MN cold areas.

Also, I think all the global cold weather this year is proof positive that global warming did exist and that the sincere efforts by Al Gore and all the others of his ilk to stop the global warming has been effective to a much greater degree than they imagined. Maybe they should pull back before a major cold cycle kicks in!

Going to be near zero around here next week...brrrr...!
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfishgyd View Post
    Bill,

Why are you calling those two "a bunch of schmoes".

The rest of us respect them. Just didn't want to embarass them by letting them know they are getting old.

Oh, and happy birthday to both of you

OY !! Those two old timers are a pair of SCHVOOGIES!! The schmoes are the other guys that cant scroll down to the birthday list! Good luck guys!!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

My regards to those getting a blast of winter and snow, I know its not fun.

Look at it this way, you may get a foot of wet gloppy snow now and maybe another hit soon, me here in Alaska I have winter for 6 months, I am still at -30 temps going into a second week, we get maybe a foot or two of snow in december and it will be there most likely until may.

I had a jug of Mobil 1 10-30 in the back of my truck, I needed to add some to my engine, it was -37 that morning, it was like pouring cold honey, and that surprised me because when I last changed my oil I could not get any 5-30 Mobil 1 and used the little bit heavier stuff, I'm hoping I didn't damage my engine starting it with that pudding in the oil pan, most definitely going to use an oil pan heater, I already have one for the tranny and battery. I expected better of Mobil 1 though, and up north a bit its at -60 or colder.
    Last edited by Silverado6x6; 01-11-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado6x6 View Post
    My regards to those getting a blast of winter and snow, I know its not fun.

Look at it this way, you may get a foot of wet gloppy snow now and maybe another hit soon, me here in Alaska I have winter for 6 months, I am still at -30 temps going into a second week, we get maybe a foot or two of snow in december and it will be there most likely until may.

I had a jug of Mobil 1 10-30 in the back of my truck, I needed to add some to my engine, it was -37 that morning, it was like pouring cold honey, and that surprised me because when I last changed my oil I could not get any 5-30 Mobil 1 and used the little bit heavier stuff, I'm hoping I didn't damage my engine starting it with that pudding in the oil pan, most definitely going to use an oil pan heater, I already have one for the tranny and battery. I expected better of Mobil 1 though, and up north a bit its at -60 or colder.
    There are former Michiganders from the MI Upper Peninsula (Yoopers) now living in AK. They say the weathers worse in the UP, at least down by Anchorage, due to the warming effects of the Ocean. But sound veddy cold where you are!!
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

People say and whine its unusual, in actuality we have had a warming trend the last 6 years or so.

What we have is really the norm, its all the newcomers bitching about it.

Most people don't know that actually Alaska gets a lot of warming currents from Japan, yes we have a longer winter but don't blink or you will miss spring, well actually I would say our summer is just one long spring session, then we get a month of rain and then winter starts all over again.

9. Re: what a bunch of schmoes...

Silver,

I watch "deadliest Catch" and believe they sail out of Alaska...

And see they have to knock ICE off their boat so not to sink...

And have to advoid icebergs...

And have never seen one person with a sunburn.....

Meanwhile, those two OLD MEN are getting older since their birthdays last week...
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Ouch, easy on the "old men" thing, but thanks to all of you for wishing us a happy birthday. having more birthdays sure beats the alternative. I didn't shovel snow this weekend only because I am fortunate enough to have a great "Hat" to spend the winters in Florida aboard. I do look at the pictures from home though and I will return when the spring flowers come out.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C