Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Home Ports

Home Ports

I was wondering if another column can be added in the membership list for home ports or even as detailed as marinas/clubs. It would make it easier to identify members that we may have the opportunity to meet in our travels both by boat and by land. It may also make setting locations for rendezvous easier in the future. If you could sort by State, that would be another great feature. I'm not trying to make it easy for people to say, "Hey, he just spent $50K on new electronics and his boat is located at XYZ, so we should get there when it's dark on a weekday", I'm just trying to see if there is an easier way to place the members/owners with the boats that you may pass along the way. Just my $0.02.
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

Re: Home Ports

Larry,
    I made mention of this a couple of years ago because like you said it would be nice to be able to "just say Hi" to a fellow HOF'er. I am in Bay City, Mi and I don't think there is any body close to me that's on the forum, but than again I don't know.

Chris
    Superior Nights 53C

Nothing will help unless all of the spam registrations are cleaned up.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Seems to me all it would take is to list your home port etc. in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
    Seems to me all it would take is to list your home port etc. in your signature.
    Well that makes sense so who are you and where are you from?????
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    Well that makes sense so who are you and where are you from?????
    My name is SparkyKrushSherrylynneBird from the 8th Sea... The Tenna.

Ok, mine is the entire east coast of the United States; does that help? Right now I am in Hollywood FL. On some of the cruising sites people will put "currently laying___") which always sounds like a report from a brood chicken to me.

Cynicism aside, I do agree it helps a lot if people identify where they are, especially if they are looking for products or services.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

George, Dan and I were just messing around as we've known each other for quite some time now and have spent several days together in person. I've met Larry and Sky in person as well.

Truth is many don't feel comfortable giving out personal information on the net. I for one don't have a problem with that and have lost track of how many HOF members I've met in person through this forum.

I think it would be great if everybody would list their first name and their home port in their signatures. In fact, I think it would be great to see members use their personal photographs as their avatars as I've seen on other forums. It's always interesting to put faces on posts.

OK, I just did my part.

Isn't mine there already? BTW, leaving from the crash site in the early am for Florida
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ