Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Re: Naiad lower seal replacement

At some point the plugs should be replaced if they are hammered. This year we did seals, seal retainers, retainer bolts, washers and plugs. One of our actuators seal retainer bolts were stripped out so we had to size them up. If you have time to inspect them you can get what you need. All of that stuff wears out over time but you can possibly reuse all but the seals.

Re: Naiad lower seal replacement

Thank you gentlemen.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

Can anyone tell me the diameter and tpi for the jack bolt (manual fin removal tool) or the hydraulic fin removal adapter. I have a Naiad 252 system.

Thanks, Stan
    81 48' Hatteras MY

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Can anyone tell me the diameter and tpi for the jack bolt (manual fin removal tool) or the hydraulic fin removal adapter. I have a Naiad 252 system.

Thanks, Stan
    81 48' Hatteras MY
    I won't be at the boat until the 20th. I may be able to check it then.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks! I'm not pulling the boat till 2/19, so that wil be great.
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by MVCaprice View Post
    At some point the plugs should be replaced if they are hammered. This year we did seals, seal retainers, retainer bolts, washers and plugs. One of our actuators seal retainer bolts were stripped out so we had to size them up. If you have time to inspect them you can get what you need. All of that stuff wears out over time but you can possibly reuse all but the seals.
    Do you recall the cost to rebuild yours?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

7. Re: Naiad lower seal replacement

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Do you recall the cost to rebuild yours?
    I think it was a few hundred in parts from Naiad and a few hours of work overall. Yard rates total is around a couple thousand i would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by MVCaprice View Post
    I think it was a few hundred in parts from Naiad and a few hours of work overall. Yard rates total is around a couple thousand i would imagine.
    Thanks for the reply. It’s something I need to do.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I just pulled my fins and seals. I last did this in 2008. I ordered seals from Naiad, $130 for four $5 lip seals; marine pricing.

I have no idea what size the jack bolt is as I had no way to measure it, sorry.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

10. Re: Naiad lower seal replacement

I am pulling mine out next month. The PO never maintained them so one of them is actually leaking water and grease into the bolt through the actuator. Obviously going to need seals and bearing but I wonder what else is damaged and if someone rebuilds the actuators if removed? I can't imagine I would be so lucky as to just replace bearings and seals. Anyone experienced this before?
    Bill Willetts - Wilmington NC
    Snap-on Tools Executive
    Steel Drum Musician
    https://www.facebook.com/jollymonjams/

Hatteras 56MY