Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Miami Holiday Boat Parade

The Hatt Cam is going for a ride on Sanctuary tomorrow night (Saturday, Dec. 20) for the boat parade. Mario's and Yaisy's 58YF will be amongst the paraders. We'll be watching at anchor (and then who knows what!), and if you check in on the Hatt Cam, you will be too!

www.sandbarhopper.com

The plan is to leave the dock at 7PM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Re: Miami Holiday Boat Parade

Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

My charoit awaits me. LOL
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

And I spent the better part of Saturday shoveling 12" of snow. The temperature was in the teens. I am going crazy, but that is a short trip for me. We will go back to Miami the first week of January and I can't wait!!
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

What a great ride tonight!!!!

Coming back into the marina, Pascal had to go do something, so he said - he was really just yanking my chain - and he asked me to take over the helm....so I docked the boat myself!!! Good thing I had a few brewskies in me...I probably couldn't have done that totally sober. It was a perfect landing - didn't touch a thing. However, I was quick to reassure Pascal that I still need him. LOL
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Hey Angela, I like the curtains you put up, much cozier than the wood blinds. Did you make them? We watched the parade last night, were there alot of boats? Unless I missed some, didn't seem like there were that many...glad you guys had a good time...still enjoying 70s & 80s in the Tampa Bay area too. Our family back home in NJ & CT are digging out from this last blast of the white stuff...

Cheers, Laurie & Jim

We estimated there were about 50 boats. We saw Mario and Yaisy, as is their tradition, it looked like they had 50 people onboard! What a great time they were having.

Yes, I did make those curtains. The wood blinds are now hanging in Ed's Hatt, Misty. I, too, like the curtains better. It's much "softer" in here and feels more luxurious than the blinds did. Also, when the curtains are out of their "keepers" and closed across the windows, a lot of sound gets absorbed. As soon as I hung them, I immediately noticed how much less the roar of the air conditioning was. Going back to the traditional pinch-pleated drapes was a good move for Sanctuary.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

54 boats in the show. We had about 50 people aboard and a DJ with all his equipment. We one 1st place in "best in show" !!

did you take pictures of us?
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

here are a few pictures i took... not the parade but after the parade...

this is what Angela does on week ends when she doesn't crawl in the bilge or varnish or makes curtains... She gets naomi and susan on the boat and they all dance with the band at bayside... well, not really with the band but they have me get the boat so close that it looks like they're on stage...

Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Maynard... this is the view this morning, just 2 miles from Unity... :-)

Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat