Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Need a GOOD Broker in Ft Lauderdale

Is that a 53 classic? May be interested.
    Skip

OK, lets put Al's boat on the list for inspection when I am there in Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    OK, lets put Al's boat on the list for inspection when I am there in Feb.
    Hi Cody here,
    Rodney Robertson, rod@4yacht.com, cell 954-444-8858,
    very open, no nonsense, will call you back and answer your questions.
    Cody

Quote Originally Posted by labrador View Post
    Is that a 53 classic? May be interested.
    Skip
    Scroll down Skip, and you'll see where I posted it for Al. I'll make you the same offer I made Jim as far as bringing it to you. I could use a good long boat trip about now to clear my mind.

Passages:

I have used David Walters of David Walters Yachts a couple of times with great success. He is the former production manager at Shannon and also owned Cambria Yachts. He has a strong background in engineering, design, and structures and runs a very good brokerage operation in Ft. Lauderdale for over 15 years now. Predominately sail but I would not let that stop me from using him on a crusing Hatt. He is extremely ethical, will do his best to put you in good boat, and knows how to pick through boats carefully. I doubt that few if any active brokers in Florida have David's design, engineering, and production experience. There are a lot of former boat captains down there who hold themselves out as experts but are little more than former bus drivers.

You need to be very careful in Florida with brokers. It has been described by brokers in New England as "a circus, shark pit, etc."

Spin
    Last edited by spindrift; 12-17-2008 at 11:09 PM.

No thanks on the sport fish Randy. Momma is Irish and doesn't want to be in the sun for one thing. Another is we want to go slow with a nice covered aft deck that can be enclosed. Once she was on Georges (JLR 56') with that bueatiful aft deck, that was it.
    Skip

I worked with a guy, Johnny Woods (954) 764-8770 of J. Woods Marine Group. He's in Lauderdale and knows his Hatts. I didn't end up buying through him, but he showed me 2 and has a line on the history of a lot of the boats/ PO's. He is good at pointing out the "bones" of the boat, and showing you past the "glamour" of the boat. He also had a good line of all of the other boats out there - listed and non-listed.

I'm going to hijack my own thread for a moment. I plan to be in Ft. Lauderdale for business and boat shopping from Jan 21 through Feb 13. Instead of staying at the Comfort Suite or similar, does anyone know of an empty yacht I could rent a berth on for 3 weeks?

Since it'll just be me, anything 35 feet or more would be adequate. I will pay a bit more for a Broward if available...

How about a condo? Beach front at Port Everglades cut. IM me if interested.

Thanks TopHatt, I'm all set on lodging now.