Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

A Boat Named "Bull"

I notice that the wonderful (def not!) Mr Madoff who swindled (can we still use that term?) some very "smart" people out of $50B in the largest (to date) Ponzi scheme of all time, had a 55' boat called "Bull", where he liked to entertain. Did that stand for Bull Market or Bull swift or similar term.

Geez, did he have a Hatt? Too honest a boat to be owned by him!

Whoa...some have lost 95% of their worth, others more. One or more hedge firms has been wiped out. Doubt if this is the vintage Hatt crowd. They probably drove past us in our marinas to their gated homes with private docks.
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 12-14-2008 at 09:01 PM.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

2. Re: A Boat Named "Bull"

"There is never only one cockroach."

Just remember that.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Re: A Boat Named "Bull"

Vessel Name: BULL USCG Doc. No.: 522159
    Vessel Service: RECREATIONAL IMO Number: *
    Trade Indicator: Recreational Call Sign: WY7449
    Hull Material: WOOD Hull Number: *
    Ship Builder: RYBOVICH & SONS BOAT Year Built: 1969

Length (ft.): 55.5
    Hailing Port: PALM BEACH FL Hull Depth (ft.): 8.1
    Owner: BERNARD L MADOFF
    410 N LAKE WAY
    PALM BEACH, FL 33480 Hull Breadth (ft.): 15.7
    Gross Tonnage: 47
    Net Tonnage: 37
    Documentation Issuance Date: February 16, 2008 Documentation Expiration Date: March 31, 2009
    Previous Vessel Names: No Vessel Name Changes Previous Vessel Owners: No Vessel Owner Changes

Quote Originally Posted by spartonboat1 View Post
    I notice that the wonderful (def not!) Mr Madoff who swindled (can we still use that term?) some very "smart" people out of $50B in the largest (to date) Ponzi scheme of all time, had a 55' boat called "Bull", where he liked to entertain. Did that stand for Bull Market or Bull swift or similar term.

Geez, did he have a Hatt? Too honest a boat to be owned by him!

Whoa...some have lost 95% of their worth, others more. One or more hedge firms has been wiped out. Doubt if this is the vintage Hatt crowd. They probably drove past us in our marinas to their gated homes with private docks.

Well you call them very smart then it says some lost 95% !!!!!!
    That to me is not very smart more like a bunch of Dumb A$$'s.
    There is that saying don't put all your egss in one basket for a Good reason and this is one of them
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

"sold to you" and "caveat emptor" always apply. And let's not forget, "if it's too good to be true....."

I saw "Bull" this afternoon pulling into Marina Bay in Fort Lauderdale. I could not believe I was seeing it after reading this thread last night. It is definitely a Ribovich (not Hatteras). I wish I had the sense to take a picture with my cell phone, but was so taken by seeing it in person, it did not dawn on me to take it. It is a beautiful looking vessel.

Bull must be his tender. He also owns a 235 foot yacht. Perhaps that is called $....!