Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Ft Lauderdale Boat Parade

Well, the boat parade was last night ..... hosted by Jim Belushi as grand marshall. The usual array of commercial boats with lights and sounds. Some nice smaller/private boats as well. I did notice a 53 convertible covered in lights from the rubrail to the top of the outriggers. Always a good time, just too much rum ... ouch !
    45C360-1970 ... "Good Bait" - Sag Harbor,NY
    31 Bertram Bahia Mar-1970 ... "Bertramp" - Ft Lauderdale
    21 Whaler Impact-1996 ... Ft Lauderdale, FL/Sag Harbor, NY

Re: Ft Lauderdale Boat Parade

Pictures?

Those are always fun. Last year we had a dedication boat parade for our new bridge. All the area yacht clubs were invited about 50 boats participated including our fire boat with the water spray. It was a late afternoon parade on the river. The fireworks were fantastic. The kids spent 12 hours cutting and placing flags, red, white, blue stars and stripes all over the boat. To my surprise our boat won first place in the parade and received a $200. fuel card. The kids were so proud. It was a great time.

BILL

Naomi went and took a few pics (Hatts only...)

Miami's parade is next saturday, not as big as FLL but less commercial, and growing.
    Attached Images
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Neat pictures. That has to look cool on the river. We don't have many boat perades up here. Our boat looks like that on the Fourth of July. We use 27 red, white and blue rope lights. Were not allowed to have them on when under way. The Coasties won't let us. They claim there a hazard to navigation. Like we can't be seen?
    BILL

More like you cant see 10 feet ahead with all the lights on.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Naomi went and took a few pics (Hatts only...)

Miami's parade is next saturday, not as big as FLL but less commercial, and growing.
    Unless my eyes deceive me, that's a 58TC in that first shot. Any idea where that one lives in Miami?

I would LOVE to go aboard some other TC's as I've only been on one other one besides mine. I recall seeing another HOF member post pictures of his on here, but outside that I think YottsmanWillie and I are the only HOF'ers who own these models.

Yes the parade was great. The last boat? vessel in the parade was Lazzara's floating showroom that was at flibs. I'll try to post a pic.
    Sparky you missed seeing a 58 tc during flibs, there's one docked behind my building. But I thought I told you that.
    Mike
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mike41tc View Post
    Yes the parade was great. The last boat? vessel in the parade was Lazzara's floating showroom that was at flibs. I'll try to post a pic.
    Sparky you missed seeing a 58 tc during flibs, there's one docked behind my building. But I thought I told you that.
    Mike
    Nope, I don't think you told me that. Otherwise I would have been making an effort to check it out as I'm not too shy about such things. Not that I'm nosey, it just helps to see things the way they were, and there are some variations of how these things came from the factory.

See if you can find out whose it is and wrangle me/us an invite. I'll be down again in February.