Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fill 'em up boys! $1.82/gal Diesel!

The time has finally come. I have been sitting patiently for the last few months waiting for diesel to get under $2/gallon to fill the boat. I checked with my wholesale supplier yesterday and he quoted me $1.82/gallon for diesel! I just went this morning and topped off all three tanks with a grin on my face. Going to fill the Ocean Master this afternoon.

I just hope it stays under $3/gallon for spring and summer cruising season! Enjoy it while we can.

2. Re: Fill 'em up boys! $1.82/gal Diesel!

I took five 5 gal cans to the local gas station back in Sept as I only needed about 100 gals and the price at the marina next door was $4.88 while it was "only" 4.06 at the gas station...
    Now it's $2.33 at the gas station..... And I could of waited... But just wanted the tanks topped off.
    But I now need about another 100 gals so will do it again..... but for a lot less $$$$
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: Fill 'em up boys! $1.82/gal Diesel!

New River at the railroad bridge is 3.46 gall, Petersons delivery is 2.00. minimum 500 gall.
    Florida seems to have high diesel and gas prices.

Filled my off-road tanks here for $2.05 this week.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

5. Re: Fill 'em up boys! $1.82/gal Diesel!

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Dennis View Post
    New River at the railroad bridge is 3.46 gall, Petersons delivery is 2.00. minimum 500 gall.
    Florida seems to have high diesel and gas prices.
    I only hold 400 gals so Peterson would not be of help to me...dang it.

On the "up side", with our usual trips, ranging from 2-6 hrs, with anchoring out for an overnight or two included in about 10 of the trips, we can go 5-6 months before actually needing fuel, including running the 9 kw genset (which runs 24 hrs a day in the summertime...HAVE to have our A/C)

Our hang up is the fact my Father in Law is 93 and we cannot leave him for too long alone.....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Gas was $1.36 a gal. now its back up to $1.86. My Dad and Mom are 93 and we solved that problem. We take them along and they love it.

BILL

Paid $1.89 per gallon (diesel) for 500 gallons at Myrtle Beach Yacht Club, SC last Sunday night.

If you ahven't done so already..fill up soon...I'd bet diesel will be back well above $2/gal very soon, if not $3:

ORAN, Algeria - The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries agreed on Wednesday to make its deepest output cut ever to counter slumping demand and falling oil prices, said the group's Secretary-General Abdullah al-Badri.

The group is cutting 2.2 billion barrels per day from current output, which is about 4.2 million barrels per day reduction based on September production levels.

OPEC had cut 2 million barrels from its output four years ago, but that was done in two stages.

Saudi oil minister Ali Naimi had first mentioned a 2 million figure in Oran on Tuesday, the eve of the oil ministers' decision making meeting.

Oil producers fear a drawn-out lull in prices could hurt investment and lay the groundwork for another sharp price spike when the world's economy rebounds.

OPEC gave ministers ammunition to justify cuts in its latest monthly market report, released Tuesday. The bloc predicted demand for its crude oil will have fallen by 700,000 barrels per day this year, and will drop by at least twice that amount in 2009 as the worsening global economy "is expected to have a strong impact on oil demand."

Ahead of the decision, other OPEC ministers also expressed sentiment for a large cut to shock the market and put a floor under prices.

Shokri Ghanem, Libya's delegate to OPEC, said that "we should make a substantial cut" and that 2 million barrels was "a very good number."

Venezuela's energy minister, Rafael Ramirez, used similar language: "What is important is that there should be a consensus to cut production. A significant cut," he said. Ramirez added that Venezuela, a traditional price hawk, favors a cut of between 1 million to 2 million barrels per day.

Iranian Petroleum Minister Gholamhossein Nozari did not give a number, but said that Iran would support a reduction of 2 million barrels per day.

Still, while eager to push prices higher, OPEC must weigh production cuts against the risk of driving the economies of its top customers deeper into recession.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28274997/
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

Somebody will cheat. OPEC makes these statements and they always sound convincing, but every one of those countries wants the money and they will cut each others throats almost as fast as they'll cut ours. Don't worry, they pumped it like crazy when it was $10/bbl, why not now?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Lets cut exports of food, medical and technology they use to keep those prices up too.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.