Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trojan Guest

Re: Boy would I be careful..

This is just what I'm trying to be,careful There is a lot more going on here than what meets the eye.I have looked at the boat many times .My main thoughts are on the engines.I don't really want a sea trial.I want to buy as-is so I can get the boat cheaper.I don't work and have lots of time to repair providing there are no major repairs.So I'm trying to figure all the odds.Good or bad.I don't want to spend my money to get someone else's boat running so they can raise the price.If they want a higher price I think it should be running at there expense.

Genesis Guest

Then do this....

.. get a GOOD hull survey.

Start at $50k. Subtract anything found on the hull survey. That's your final "settlement" price.

You are assuming the engines and genset are shot. That's fair, if the seller will not demonstrate otherwise.

You can crank a 6-71N with a cheap Group 31 battery if the weather is warm. Not for long, but if the engines are in good shape it shouldn't take long.

This BS about not being able to get it running is a huge red flag - no matter what you think you know about the boat.

Offer $50k contingent on a satisfactory survey. If that deal goes you'll be ok. Above that price I would run, not walk away.

Trojan Guest

Re: Then do this....

The people with the boat are loosing every thing including another boat and there home.They have no money.I think I will offer a low price and go from there.Thanks for the help.I'll let you all know what goes on .Bill

DLCameron2 Guest

43DC In Detroit Area

Bill....contact me at DLCameron2@comcast.net. I sold my 1977 43DC last year, I owned it for 7 years and I probably "know" the boat you are talking about. Happy to speak with you on the phone, just send me an e-mail. I also have in mind a surveyor that will give you a no nonsense survey, expensive but worth it.

Don

OceansWest Guest

Hatteras

Hello,

Did you ever buy this? How did it turn out?

I am looking at a 1974 '31 Hatteras. It is in rough shape and I am wondering what I may be getting in to.

Thanks,

Ken

Trojan Guest

Re: Hatteras

No not yet.I'm still working on the deal.I think it's going to take some time.Bill