Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: step light

step light

my owners manuel for my 1972 58yf has a step light listed as one of the items on my port 32v circuit breaker. where should this light be located?, where is the switch? was it an option that the first owner declined? my boat doesn't have any lights on the steps. thanks , bigbill

Re: step light

Really, your boat came with a little spanish guy named manuel. oh i guess you mean manual as in owners manual, i do like the idea though of an owners manuel.
    just a little fun. seriously, what does the specific hull wiring schematic list. it should show every thing running off that breaker. say hi to Manuel.

What about the spiral stairs from the PH to the galley? I have lights in each of those steps. There is a 3 way switch on the wall in the galley and another at the top of the stairs in the PH.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thats interesting... I have a switch in the galley cluster but no 32 vdc socket in the overhead light, but I am missing a stair light; just a hole there now Another FM ! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

YB,
    I had both 32v and 110v switches to my galley lights, but the PO rewired them to all 110v. I switched them back so that I have both 32v and 110v bulbs in each fixture.
    Sky Cheney

Is that the new socket job you did last winter? I have an incandescent galley light and another over the table and both are only 110 vac. Sure could use a DC unit there. I pulled the switch back out and the wires are gone too. Hmm ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 01-04-2009 at 07:25 AM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

No, the galley fixtures were OEM dual voltage but bubba had a better idea (kinda like Ford). The job I did last winter was to add 110v bulbs in the 32v fixtures in the salon. Originally I had 2 that were only 32v and 2 that were only 110v. Now I have all 4 that run 110v and still have the ability to run 2 off of 32v when needed.
    Sky Cheney

Now I get it!! Thats when you pulled the headliner down no? Hopefully my bubba left the wires in situ. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY