Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Save the Hatt!

Save the Hatt!

Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

Re: Save the Hatt!

What happened to the hatt? Is she safe?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

The Hatt wasn't burning earlier, but awfully close. Does anyone know if this is Noel's marina?
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

4. Re: Save the Hatt!

TOO CLOSE to the Hatt!
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

That is Noel's marina. I was watching it on the local news this morning from their helicopter and it sure looked bad. They were talking about another marina, but the picture on the previous link is definitely Lincoln Harbor Marina where Noel and his family live. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is okay and that it wasn't near them.
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

UPDATE: No injuries reported in Weehawken boat fire
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS • December 9, 2008

WEEHAWKEN — At least two boats have burned at a dock along the Hudson River in Weehawken.

Weehawken deputy police chief Jeffrey Fulcher says no one has been injured.

Authorities were initially worried about a New York City doctor who lives on one of the boats, but Fulcher says the doctor was at work when the fire started and is fine.

The North Hudson Regional Fire and Rescue department has about 50 firefighters on land, pouring water on the vessels. In addition, two fireboats are spraying water on the flames.

The harbor master noticed the fire around 7:15 this morning on one boat at Lincoln Harbor Marina. It quickly spread to the other.

The smoke is visible to people in offices along Manhattan's West Side. Rubbernecking motorists are slowing traffic into the nearby Lincoln Tunnel.
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

hope Noel's boat is ok... the first one to burn looked like a 50ish woodie.

watching some of the coverage early, i coudln't figure out why they didn't remove any of the nearby boats. this is NY harbor with dozens of police, USCG, etc... boats. first thing to do is pull the boats that are downwind, even if you have to cut the lines...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I've spoken with Noel a couple of times already today. They are fine. The boat has a bit of smoke and "smell" damage so they may not be able to get right back on. The boat that started it was 63' Viking according to Noel and it cooked the boat next to it.

Definitely too close for comfort!

Capt K

Ah man, I think that's every liveaboard's worst nightmare. I'm glad to hear Noel wasn't too badly affected by this.

Thanks Kevin,

Noel, I can line you up with a commercial Ozone generator today if needed. Alternately, nearby rental companies may have them. 24 hours of ozone and smoke odor should be gone.