Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Talking Re: Most Absurd Price Ever Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by newinlet View Post
    How about $150,000.00 for a 87 55C complete turnkey - Sorry I could not help myself !!
    You think that is absurdly high, how about $100k for a one-armed 1974 58 TC!!! Apparently the price is broken down:

(a) $15,000 for the TC; and
    (b) $85,000 for 12 safes, lifetime dockage in Kingston TN, a free CTS Caddy, free shipping of the TC anywhere in the world (fuel included) and a 50 year zero deductible warranty on all existing moving parts.

Re: Most Absurd Price Ever Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsarkanna View Post
    You think that is absurdly high, how about $100k for a one-armed 1974 58 TC!!! Apparently the price is broken down:

(b) $85,000 for 12 safes, lifetime dockage in Kingston TN, a free CTS Caddy, free shipping of the TC anywhere in the world (fuel included) and a 50 year zero deductible warranty on all existing moving parts.
    That's it, the 12 safes and warranty make it a great deal!!!!!!!
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsarkanna View Post

ROFLOL! Well I can tell you the '05 CTS-V is worth about $17k but you're on your own with what the rest is worth. I bet those are some REALLY nice safes though.

How about this

mechanical labor -$75/hour
    If you watch ----$150/Hour
    If you help ------$250Hour

And a $500 surcharge for basket cases ( things taken apart before being brought in)

In reality I have a $100/hour surcharge on fixing competitors mistakes.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdHatt View Post
    ROFLOL! Well I can tell you the '05 CTS-V is worth about $17k but you're on your own with what the rest is worth. I bet those are some REALLY nice safes though.
    $17K my ass. You used car salesmen sure are a funny bunch.

Hey Bill, have boy wonder work up a quote on your Jag and Benz. Maybe then we can talk trade. Do they allow Canerdians to own gun safes?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
    $17K my ass. You used car salesmen sure are a funny bunch.

Yeah, he was being nice----try 10k

Sparky, you asked the right question. Restoration perfectionist is my affliction. Not that it has to be exactly the same as new, just not an appearance similar to the surface of a prune.

As to the instructions on the sticker. There are a couple of arrows instructing you on how to use the joy stick and another arrow showing you how to turn the speed knob. But, these need to be valued in context. You use this device in the dark, on the flybridge mounted at knee level, to operate a light in hopes you do not run into something. You either know how to use it ahead of time or you just fumble with it until you get the two simple controls figured out. The instructions/sticker are of no value, they only make the control look like it belongs on a boat.

So, bottom line, it all about appearance. This is probably why I have noticed several boats that have removed the sticker and just left the aluminum cover exposed. Does not look that bad, if you are not a restoration perfectionist.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Yeah, he was being nice----try 10k
    Does you mom know you're up this late on a school night?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Sparky, you asked the right question. Restoration perfectionist is my affliction. Not that it has to be exactly the same as new, just not an appearance similar to the surface of a prune.

As to the instructions on the sticker. There are a couple of arrows instructing you on how to use the joy stick and another arrow showing you how to turn the speed knob. But, these need to be valued in context. You use this device in the dark, on the flybridge mounted at knee level, to operate a light in hopes you do not run into something. You either know how to use it ahead of time or you just fumble with it until you get the two simple controls figured out. The instructions/sticker are of no value, they only make the control look like it belongs on a boat.

So, bottom line, it all about appearance. This is probably why I have noticed several boats that have removed the sticker and just left the aluminum cover exposed. Does not look that bad, if you are not a restoration perfectionist.

Pete
    I thought that may be the case as for you being a perfectionist. I'm one of those guys who tends to take stickers off of things myself... once I know what everything does of course. It just looks cleaner that way IMO, and it makes me look smarter when I'm the only one who knows what all the switches and buttons are for.

Hey, save yourself some grief and just buy the damn sticker. It's only $90, and you know you won't be happy until it's where it's supposed to be. You can't even get a decent meal for two and a couple of rounds of drinks for $90. You're a Hatteras owner man, I want to see a picture of that sticker on your boat this time next week!

I feel much better now.

"Do they allow Canerdians to own gun safes?"

Do they allow Canadians to own guns?

Sorry..Couldn't resist......

120 volt GB base 20 watt bulb - HC, Miami.

$9.30 a piece

Captned
    MBMM
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.