Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: An Entire Thread Has Disappeared ?????

Perhaps some posts and threads were in violation of the third rule in the Posting Guidelines listed in the sticky at the top of this section: "Please refrain from posting offensive, racist or insulting comments". Sam's Marine has already had one Hatteras owning potential customer depart after being offended by what he perceived as bigotry. In these tough times who can afford to alienate customers?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    "EDIT: Don't you just hate it when the post you responded to disappears? "

Spark - Sorry - I decided after posting that I had just essentially restated some things that had been deleted in the first place...
    Now that's REALLY going to make everybody wonder what they missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    Perhaps some posts and threads were in violation of the third rule in the Posting Guidelines listed in the sticky at the top of this section: "Please refrain from posting offensive, racist or insulting comments". Sam's Marine has already had one Hatteras owning potential customer depart after being offended by what he perceived as bigotry. In these tough times who can afford to alienate customers?
    Who departed?

A gentleman known as Bertramp.

Bertramp's still here. http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/member.php?u=275
    I actually had the pleasure of meeting him in Lauderdale at FLIBS.

Perceptions can be wrong. Just ask my wife.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I though most of the political discussion was quite civil. If there were some offending posts, why weren't just those individual posts deleted and the poster(s) asked to refrain from that type of personal attack?

I'm never going to agree with all of you all of the time but I do enjoy the debate.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Where's the smilies when you need them?

I recall the post he made about his feeling of bigotry here and his statement that he was leaving, perhaps he just meant leaving the Sandbar. Or he may not have ended his membership, there are other sites that I have joined and then simply stopped visiting, for one reason or another, without bothering to remove my name from the membership. I do remember his post though since it made an impression on me at the time: I figured that as an African-American he was a better judge of what was racially offensive than a bunch of white guys making tasteless jokes. There is a thin line between off-color humor and hurtful insult, I thought it had been trampled several times in the past few months and I am glad the moderator felt the same.

Michael

• Refrain from using vulgar or off-color language or posting offensive, racist or insulting messages. This forum is sponsored by Sam’s Marine and as a result, the forum content can reflect upon our company and to some degree that of the manufacturer. Your understanding and consideration of this fact is sincerely appreciated.

The answer is simple - the thread had become insulting to some members and parts of it were viewed as somewhat racist by others - therefore I pulled it.

Doug
    Doug Langley, Forum Admin
    Sam's Marine International
    http://www.samsmarine.com