Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Market response to the election?

What do you think of the market today and why?

Genesis, Passages and others please chime in.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Re: Market response to the election?

FREE MONEY!

But this is no different than when bushy was president....

Krush. The DJIA is down about 300 points. Free money????????????????
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

4. Re: Market response to the election?

Sell the news.

We were radically overbought on the short-term measures, and look to be in a complex corrective movement, similar to what happened after Bear Stearns.

You can make money trading this, but trying to invest here is really, really dangeorus.

Obama now has the baton and he has to perform as he can't point the finger and say "the e-vile Republicans obstructed!" Uh, nope. That ain't gonna work.

So the Democrats now "own" whatever happens. At times like this that's what you want, so the public can judge and draw its own conclusions.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

I can't agree more with manufacturing being our backbone. Right now we are hurting but will stronger unions and raising minimum wage help our situation or hurt it. Any Chiropractors in the house?

I am lucky enough to now be in a situation where I have nothing to lose in the market. It's pretty much all gone already. Long term retirement funds will stay invested and I will hope for some recovery.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Any Chiropractors in the house?
    Yo! Wat chu need?(practicing for my new position as community drug distributor).

We are still buying in but are being careful.

Down another 480+ points. I guess NObama is not the darling of the financial world.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Lets see now...The people in Kenya, and all of Africa for that matter, are elated, smiling, and jumping for joy. Wall street is tearing its hair out. I think I see more clearly now!!
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Maynard I am not as concerned with the people of Kenya as I am with the ME countries. I see bad things happening on the next watch if we don't take action to prevent them.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    You're joking, right?

Sometimes I can't tell.
    I had a nobama supporter tell me that once elected (even before he took office) stocks would go up because the financial world would know that the new guard will fix things.He was convinced the market and all US business will be back to recovery as soon as Nobama won the election. I countered with "everything he wants to do is against my basic business and science education but since I did not go to Harvard I am not sure how it really works". Only Harvard ( or other Ivy league) MBA's can figure out how to consistently loose money and still make the big bucks. I believe it is based on their friends getting them government grants or something like that.

Wall Streets reaction was not positive in fact I feel it was the opposite. I expected peoples outlooks for the president elect to be reflected in the days trading but other influences are also there. I can't blame him for all of it. The market will be a barometer of the traders outlooks.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.